2 click flares ---- double time!

TyraFromSaigon

• 1 month later...
I was born with big hands and good wrists. it's got nothing to do with wankin.  Look what you've done to tyras thread now steve

HAHA!...

Just keep practicing and do it over and over with slow beats first. If you jump into beats faster than 80 bpm then you don't really know if your on beat and have no idea(s) what you are really doing. Twiddle method is great if you haven't got the wrist method down but the two sounds very different and the wrist method sounds doper.

By the way, I can double time 2 click flares and orbits at 110 bpm.

Edited by Kian

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, I can double time 2 click flares and orbits at 110 bpm.

Sheeit! I can do double time 2 clicks up to about 100bpm if its '3 sounds in 4 beats' style, but not if its '3 sounds in 3 beats' style (terminology???), which is what I want cos then I can do those trendy delayed flares at 100bpm too haha

I've always thought of quick two-clicks as being a single snap of the finger, its hard to explain...I usually use my middle finger too because my pointing finger is also really weak. I just snap it against the fader, and I guess it kinda bounces off and then the bounce on makes the second click. By adjusting how strong I hold the fader with my thumb, it changes the speed of the two click ;)

Guest Deeswift

:| HE MUST BE A QUEER!

Shock horror!

BTW, I used to straighten mine out when it was long too, when it was at an annoying length. Once it grows longer it gets heavier and hangs straghter anyway, well at least mine did. Check the pic. It's a strange pic that's been pissed about with, for some reason. I can't find the original one.

I was sat eating a jaffa cake at the time. I fucking love jaffa cakes.

And yo, straighteners fuck your hair up!

im having a hard time gettin my 2clicks double timed...using the fingerclick technique...

im able to pull it off twiddle style, but i just need to keep it consistently..

sometimes i feel like i cant go any FASTER!

Guest Deeswift

Doing it twiddle style will always be faster than wrist anyway. All it takes though is practice. More you do it, better you can do it.

yeah getting 2-clicks down double time can be really hard. I'm still practicing those and the learning curve is steep. I can do two clicks but doing them repeatedly and fast im only getting incrementally better at.

Guest Deeswift

Isn't it all dependant on the speed of the beat? Of course it is! I bet you £1 that you can do double time over 40 bpm. See? Just practice, and increase your speed gradually. Start slow and push it up to fast electro paced beats.

dee you have no idea how many times you've said that thing about doulbe timed flares being dependent on bpm's. Obviously. What i meant was doing them at a respectable speed. You corrected me for the sake of correcting haha

Guest Deeswift

Give me an example of where I've said that before. It's obvious, getting them good at a decent bpm means more practice, that's it.