2 click flares ---- double time!

TyraFromSaigon

Guest loop skywalker
i can wrist off flares okay

I'm a good wrister too.....i was in the xtreme games white water wristing championships you know

yeah...i heared about that liam....you didnt manage to come anywhere did you. :74_74:

thanks for the tips guys

i should try cutting to house music, i usually do but not fast 2 click flares..... is that video of ricci rucker in the dvd 'live at the knitting factory' by any chance?????

No, it's the one of him in Phoenix. It's only short, about 1 min 40 sec

Twiddles are coolbut the give your a "crab scratch feel" to your flare. a 2 clicker with the wrist are pinch method gives a much choppier sound. I do it pinch/wrist mostly but I do the twiddle from time to time. I always try to mimick the sound of the scratch with my mouth to wrap my head around what it should sound like. And yeah, you gotta understand that double time 2 clickers are actually in time triplets. A 2 clicker is three sounds on each side of the orbit. I can record some of this for ya if you want. Holla

Whatever she wants hers to sound like. What ever in her head is saying hey my 2 clickers arent souned right. Well she can determine that, and by vocalizing you are preparing your brain to apply the same patterns to your hands. Also, I can do 2 clickers a million ways but they never sound like yours Sigma! Doesnt make anybody wrong are right just style. You pissy fluff! ;-P

Hehe. I'm not being pissy you Yankie ponce! I think people rely on too many other resources apart from their own brain and just practicing sometimes.

If you can do 2-click flares and you understand them, then getting them faster is just a matter of practicing at ever increasing speeds.

• 1 month later...

i cant figure out how to properly do a twiddle...

i tried to figure something for the double click, but i cant get my timing right. i too, cannot get a 'double time' 2click flare.. im using the pinch/wrist technique as well...

how does one twiddle? im thinking my thumb is putting too much tension on the fader which doesnt really allow my 2 fingers to even get a click in...

I try to as well, but either the cut in on my fader isn't quite sharp enough, or my fingers are too weak, cos I miss clicks when I do it like that. It's probably the fader because I've tried it on other mixers and it works OK. My decks have been flight cased ever since that gig at the Med Bar - I think that night has put me off scratching for good. Hehe.

I only just got 2 clickers as triplets recently (I'm shit) and only then over really fucking slow beats! My advice would be to get them down twiddle first 'coz they're so much easier on your finger, especially if you've got crabs (arf!). Once you've got 'em with twiddles you'll have a good appreciation of the timing and will be far better fixed to get it down pinch stylie.

I think the one thing that held me back with fast 2 clickers was the timing 'coz I thought they were done double time like single flares until Ed was kind enough to point out that infact the timing is that of ontime triplets (as Gabe mentioned above).

PS. Practice over a slow ass beat like that one off Toasted Marshmallow that Madcuts skratched over at DMC that time.

pz

Guest Deeswift

Word, getting them down as twiddles first is a good idea. I have no idea why people diss twiddles, as though it's some kind of cheating scratch. Some great things can be done with the technique, it's great for using in combo's and also gives you insane speed. Maybe cause the guy who invented twiddles was in my band, so I see it differently because I know what can be done with them, but anyone dissing twiddles has no imagination, IMO.

Guest Deeswift

Exactly. Why make certain things hard for yourself, just to seem cooler? It's wack. People seem to think that 2-clicks should only be done with the wrist. People shouldn't try to force "rules" on music.

Guest Deeswift

You can't make 'em sound like 2-clicks? I thought this was easy. I used to test some mates by making them look away, then alternating between flares and twiddles. They could never tell which was which.

Guest Deeswift

Yes, but I still would advise learning both ways. Learn everything, then you'll figure out what you're good at, how you can use it and when to use it. The only time 2-clickers are hard is when they're really fast, but slow ones shouldn't be a problem to learn. I learned them on upfaders, by accident. It was like riding a bike, when you first learn it just clicks.