2 click flares ---- double time!

TyraFromSaigon

Yeah cos when you think about it, you're just playing the sound and clicking the fader off twice to put in the two gaps to get three sounds. Doing the same twiddles regular requires totally different timing and IMO is a lot more difficult cos you're clicking the fader on rather than off.

Anyway, despite all this, the answer is to do whatever suits you! There is no such thing as cheating though for sure.

You can't make 'em sound like 2-clicks? I thought this was easy. I used to test some mates by making them look away, then alternating between flares and twiddles. They could never tell which was which.

I never needed to twiddle. I always found it easy usin my wrists to scratch.

I was born with big hands and good wrists. it's got nothing to do with wankin.

Look what you've done to tyras thread now steve, youve brought elbow boils and wankin into it, shame on you!

Yeah cos when you think about it, you're just playing the sound and clicking the fader off twice to put in the two gaps to get three sounds. Doing the same twiddles regular requires totally different timing and IMO is a lot more difficult cos you're clicking the fader on rather than off.

Anyway, despite all this, the answer is to do whatever suits you! There is no such thing as cheating though for sure.

I see the timing of 2 clickers with twiddles and pinch the same actually as you've gotta start with the fader open, do 2 clicks then finish with the fader open so the only difference to me is that with twiddles I use 2 fingers and with pinch I use 1 (and my thumb more!).

I suppose all this just goes to show how different people understand scratches in different ways.

pz

I get what you're saying mate, but I was just comparing the twiddle technique done regular and hamster.

To me, hamster is technically easier, because you start with the fader open, release the record, brush your two fingers over the fader for the two clicks, then finish fader open at the end of the sample. Because you're clicking off instead of on, you get three sounds.

If you do it regular, then you must also start with the fader open, but you have to close it after the start of the sound, then do two clicks with your fingers and end with it open again. It's more work.

It's the same as saying a 2 finger twiddle done hamster gives you 3 sounds. A 3 fingered crab done hamster gives you 4. You're getting extra sounds because the fader is being clicked off instead of on. I think what I'm saying is correct anyway, cos I've never really got into scratching regular.

i scratch hamster, i found it more comfortable when i learnt to scratch. it made more sense coz to me its like using the upfaders, but just sideways.

and just to stick to the thread, i cant double time 2-click yet :(

@ ryan

twiddles and twiddle stance 2 click orbits are different.. the twiddle is like transforming with 2 fingers.. twiddle stance 2 click orbits are 2 click orbitin with 2 fingers, thats why your attempts at creatin a 2 click orbit sound with 2 fingers sounds like almost a euro scratch, cause your actually 2 finger transforming to mimic a 2 click orbit.

@ tyra

i learnt double time 2 click orbits first in twiddle stance, then pincer stance. The twiddle stance is easier and allows you to experiament with raising the speed without much effort. when your resonably comfortable with 2 clicking in the middle of each side, just take your single time 2 click orbits, remove the clicks and just do the record movement... examine the sound and speed of the record movement and try doubling the speed, then try adding the clicks. will sound messy to start with but you will learn to place the clicks in the middle at fast speeds in time.

The pincer method of 2 click orbits is trickier.. you need make 1 of your fingers ( i use middle or index to pincer, my index finger is weaker then my middle so it took longer to learn on it) and make it work with your thumb to create 2 click in one action. The followin instructions on pincering are taken from manipulates post on asis which i think describes pincer 2 click orbits really well.

'The way I do them is grip the fader and hold it while I'm doing the 2 clicks on the forward, then I release my thumb from the fader and then grip it again and do 2 more clicks on the reverse. The clicks are like bursts or spasms and they are seperated by release/pinch in between the bursts. It looks like you're just doing a pinch but really its a burst of 2 clicks, a pinch, and then another burst of 2 clicks.'