2 click flares ---- double time!

TyraFromSaigon

It's all about muscle memory. Just keep doing it and doing it, over and over. Do it without a beat, and just concentrate on going as fast as you can, and as cleanly as possible, without missing a click. Then try to a beat and see if you can keep the tempo. It may help to change it up a bit, like throw in a chirp or a one click flare every now and then, just so you don't risk getting RSI!

Also, you might want to mod your fader for less dead-space, like the credit card mod or something; and also mod it for a sharper cut-in (or get a PnG)

There's a video of RIcci Rucker doing about 1 minute of freestyle scratching, where he does the quickest 2 click flares I've ever seen. He's almost certainly using a modded fader, but after watching that video it made me realise that my 2-clicks, which I thought were fast, weren't that fast at all! Good inspiration and incentive for me to go and practice after watching that vid.

Tyra forget that ghey twiddle shit. Anyone who twiddles is bent :'( lol. Nah really though there is something different to realise. When you do 2 clicks "Doubletime". They arn't doubletime, as in twice as fast. They are like 1 and 1/2 times as fast. 3 of your double time ones should take as much time as 2 normal ones. If I was at home I'd post a file to explain but I'm at work. I can sort it out tomorrow or something if you like though.

Edited by DissCuss

Twiddling is bent. Nah I'm kidding.

The only thing is I've met quite a few people who scratch and all they do is twiddle. Literally everything is just variations of 2 clicks with maybe the odd crab chucked in. No transforms or anything. They sound really fast but have nothing really.

Saying that I know a french DJ called Atch and everthing he does,he kind of does twiddle style and he's wicked. He even does transforms and flare chirps ect with 2 fingers. It's a really weird style but good. Actually I think I remember Sigma saying he does this and I really like his cuts.

Nah, actually I was right in the first place

Twiddles =

Guest loop skywalker

i learnt to do these to slow beats 60 bpm...which can be interpretated as 120 bpm double time..but i just found it easier not trying to keep up with a fast beat but to actually call the pace my self.

Discuss...i only use twiddles to save my wrist for wanking..which i too am very world class in lol hahahahaha

Guest loop skywalker
Loop, you dirty bastard. Good lad.

Serious though, I find by doing it from the wrist, piching whatever you can control the clicks a bit more. You can put them at the begining or end of the flare or spread them out ect. Giving a bit more variation.

Right, now I'm off for a Sherman.

good lad..........that reminds me i need to go to barclays :blink: