THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

welcome, Mankyy - only 3 posts deep and you've put me onto an excellent album already (namely the Dexter LP in MPM that you mentioned in the recent purchases thread). nice start!

No dude he dunt :( i showed him some stuff last time he came up north to see me and he was like yeah so what. He looked at me in a confused/ashamed sort of way when I said I liked house music and seemed to be all about dnb. I love him to bits tho

Wassup ya'll! I'm from Boston, Music is like the blood that flows through my veins. Keeps me alive. So I'm into Hip Hop, R&B, Alternative, just about everything. I play instruments, audio production, and dj. Wish I could sing but ummm that's not going to happen, Glad I found this community. People helping people.

• Like 1

Yep that's me !

Hope you're well m8 !

Hi Syd! Welcome to the forum mate. Hope to see you at future SSS events - keep an eye out on here or the FB group for details. We are sorting out a Bristol one for May, most probably followed by ones in Whitstable, Rye and Luton in the summer months that follow!

Wassup ya'll! I'm from Boston, Music is like the blood that flows through my veins. Keeps me alive. So I'm into Hip Hop, R&B, Alternative, just about everything. I play instruments, audio production, and dj. Wish I could sing but ummm that's not going to happen, Glad I found this community. People helping people.

Welcome to the forum!

• 1 month later...

Hey im Leon/the infamous.

Have been djing from 1995. Mostly drum and bass, had a big forum (dnbforum.nl) for a few years (now sombody els has the domain). Had a label : complex beatz. Always wanted to learn to scratch and now i am going to stick with it. I live in the Netherlands ( excuse my english). Have tons of questions so decided to registratie here after reading Some interesting threads.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey im Deadman, In the bristol area of a da ooo K, been cutting for about 1.58 years, was a bedroom Dj back in the day. and.... Well What can i say, i live to cut. slight exaggeration, but you get a me Drift! No?

Hello All DV Peoples!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sup people!

My names Adam, 29 from the UK and I have just set up my Vestax PDX 2300 turntables again after a long time off (about 5 years). Before that I used to mix mainly dnb and loved scratching/turntablism/hip-hop, I would say I was average at both back then, played a few gigs but nothing special (we are talking a few dnb nights down the local boozer :(().

Now that I have updated my battered old Stanton SK5 scratch mixer to a Traktor Z2 I am trying to make the most of what the digital world has to offer me. My main aim now is to improve my turntablism/scratching game and try to figure out what all the bloody buttons do on my new mixer and how the hell Traktor works, haha!

Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sup all !

My name is Gabriel, 25 yo, I'm from Poland and i started scratching in December 2014. It all began when I heard cuts in rap songs like 15 years ago as a kid. I could listen to the scratch parts all day long :d

I decided to try it myself and see if it works. I bought a Vestax PDX 3000 mk2 and stanton sk2f ltd, but then switched to TTM56S and immediately fell in love with it. I have no life now.

What more can I say... I'm interested in all of the turntablism stuff (music overall), just having fun, learning and mastering the techniques whenever I have time to. Maybe I will post something to verify my "level", but not yet.

I'm new to this whole turntablism stuff, but there's no going back.

Yeah, and sorry for all the mistakes i made with English. Ahh, this is gonna be hard on UK forum :ph34r:

I also might post some dumb beginner questions, so be ready. Now i'm done.

• Like 1