THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

Close to 130 K/PH top speeds on the faster tracks.

Concerning skill and control, speed is relative to the technical difficulty of the track (type of turns and max speed at which you can enter the turn with a perfect line), road quality, wind conditions ect.
Going 100k on a straight smooth road is a little scary but riding at 100k on terrible pavement, having to late break from 100k down to 75k with 3-5 other riders in close proximity (touching / bumping and or drafting) is the difficult and really scary part.

I'll have to post a skratch vid sometime this week. I just got the Cadence with Rhythm and Flow record a few weeks ago and have been thoroughly enjoying it. (First skratch record i have bought since 2007.)

• 4 weeks later...

What's going on everyone (Steve/Sigma)....

I'm Mike aka Acts_One from Toronto, Canada. Noob turntablist, intermediate DJ & professional Scratch Groupie. Headed over to DV due to DJForums being a bunch of EDM ho's who don't appreciate scratching or HipHop.

I know DV is full of scratch heads and love the DV battles. I guess I would like to join in the conversation about scratching and anything related hoping not to piss Steve off :d

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum man!

A lot of the hip-hop/scratch DJs that used to post on DJF stopped posting there. There's still a few, but you're right - it's mostly mainstream EDM DJs and mobile DJs now.

hoping not to piss Steve off

lol. I don't know what inspired you to say that.

Welcome to the forum man!

A lot of the hip-hop/scratch DJs that used to post on DJF stopped posting there. There's still a few, but you're right - it's mostly mainstream EDM DJs and mobile DJs now.

hoping not to piss Steve off

lol. I don't know what inspired you to say that.

your fuse is half of what is used to be... or that could just be because DJF is pretty crappy most of the time.

Haha, I definitely had very little patience with some of the people over there. There were a few people with massive egos and a few people who used to say some of the stupidest shit I'd ever read (and not in a funny way). There were a lot of cool folks too, mind you.

DV is more like a group of mates going down the pub.

Haha, I definitely had very little patience with some of the people over there. There were a few people with massive egos and a few people who used to say some of the stupidest shit I'd ever read (and not in a funny way). There were a lot of cool folks too, mind you.

DV is more like a group of mates going down the pub.

Yeah, it's nice up in here. I like how Turntablism is the focus. Thanks for fixing the instagram links. I wanted to post it on DJF but I know it would just get lost in a bunch of EDM festivals, controllers vs CDJs, PC vs Mac, and trance mixes. Not thing against that shit buts tiring.

They miss you there. I did as well, love the EDM is shit posts. Lol

Justin time from hull mighty Yorkshire. Started off like most baby scratching on a hifi. Pause button sampling n'all that. First seven inches was trio da da da. A lad who lived with us started popping to it in our living room and then I was hooked.

Painted a couple of goodmans record players iluminous yellow with a realistic mixer at 13. Managed to get 2 live crew album and was instantly inspired by mr mix. Spent the next few years thinking I was unstoppable chirping stabbing and repeating on the right deck. Got soundlab belt drives bout 15-16. And saw a local dj fast t transforming on the left at under 18s with dune too much. Bought a gemini mixer with line switches on and started on the right.got some gemini belt drives bout 17 shite as well and 1210s at 22. Got a technics mixer a year or so later and thats when my skill set took a leap forward. Started crabbing and flairing soon after. Technics died after 14000 faders later and I got a 05. Which honestly pushed me back and I lost my love for scratch. Been club djing mixing classic house for the last 12 years or so (sling a few chirps in laughin) when recently treat myself to a dif1s. Another leap forward. In the last few month ive picked up prizms waves autobahns and boomerangs. Ive noticed everyone ranting on about d styles flow. Which probably suits me seeing as I spent millenia trying to master the older cuts. Now I read this back checking for spelking mistakes it becomes apparent that my journey as a dj has mainly been pushed or pulled by technology/budget. Unlike some of the posh boys whos mams bought em 1210s at fifteen ive had to develop in a different way. In hindsight I wouldnt change my years on belt drivez cos if u can chirp and mix on them it gives u a different perspective on record controll. What I can say though is ive fell back into bed with scratch and for that im happy love u loads mini innofader :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guys,my name is Elpidio, i'm from a little city in italy.

I dj and produce for local hip hop crews, i've always been intersted in djing, but i'm focused on scratch only since 3 years now. i'm planning to do my first battlle at the end of this year.

My dj name is NoiseCTRL, and my favourite scratchers and jugglers are mostly european, i like the "new" electronic sound but i also enjoy the good old "old School" flavour in djs....

Cheers

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

what's up. i go by ninjason, i've had a lot of alias' throughout the years. i've visited scratch forums since i was a kid back when scratchcon was still up. bought my first turntables in 2002 and have an on and off again relationship with them. i was real serious about scratching when i was in high school, this was during the ned hodgings/phantasmagoria era. around 2009 i slowly stopped scratching and would hit the tables maybe once a month just to get it out of my system.

recently my scratchboner arose again and i'm suddenly finding myself about to drop 2k on a new set up to catch up with the new technology. the possibilities that i've always hopped for are here and i don't know why i didn't realize it sooner. i'm pretty excited to get back into it and am glad there's still a scratch community around these parts. it seemed like it was dying back in 2009, which is why i felt like i was alone in my own world and lost a lot of motivation to make tracks.

i picked up the bass guitar and bought a machine, but it doesn't do it for me like scratching does.

so i'm picking things up again and trying to catch up with what's been going on the scene.

what's funny is i'm back at square one, trying to decide what turntables i should get. lol.

my current set up is a broke down no legg having pdx-2000 and rane 56. but i want upgrade to a str8-150 or a pdx3000mk2. and i'm deciding whether i should get a rane 62 or the traktor z2.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey peeps wsup

My name's syd /dj sansetsu

I been into beat matching since I was 17 I'm 32

always wanted to learn scratching and juggling and I finally took it up last year

Found out bout the vertigo afnter I went to super scratch Sunday

I'm from London but live in Essex

I got into djing through garage , dj ez!

Then I grew up, got into dnb been on it ever since starting to get into dubstep and grime

always loved hip hop but I never saw the point if us can't scratch!

Glad I found this forum

looking forward to getting better !

• Like 2