THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

:(( Yo thanks for the p m psych mate but i still cant put any vids up from this phone im using ill just have to get my pc back up and running a bit quicker but thanks again anyway bro

Yo man, DeeSwift was my homie, too. Never met the dude, but we use to chat on AIM and Skratchcon all the time. He even sent me one of his tapes to the states, but my friend jacked it.

Anyways, I really miss DeeSwift and was actually telling my friend yesterday about him and how he picked up skratching with a quickness. Prolly from all his years as a dope guitarist, and of course his ability to pick up instruments right fast.

Yo, is Awkward still around? I remember Dee was always talking about him, and how they use to cut from sun up till sun down most weekends.

Peace.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Justin - yeah man, Awkward is doing a load of production these days. He's mainly working with US emcees. Not totally my cuppa, but dope to see him putting stuff out there

• Like 2

:(( Yo thanks for the p m psych mate but i still cant put any vids up from this phone im using ill just have to get my pc back up and running a bit quicker but thanks again anyway bro

Yo man, DeeSwift was my homie, too. Never met the dude, but we use to chat on AIM and Skratchcon all the time. He even sent me one of his tapes to the states, but my friend jacked it.

Anyways, I really miss DeeSwift and was actually telling my friend yesterday about him and how he picked up skratching with a quickness. Prolly from all his years as a dope guitarist, and of course his ability to pick up instruments right fast.

Yo, is Awkward still around? I remember Dee was always talking about him, and how they use to cut from sun up till sun down most weekends.

Peace.

Im glad that you had a connection to Dee JHouse,and it makes me happy to know that

people still remember him.what actually prompted me to join DV was the fact that I knew he had a lot of friends on here back in the day who really respected him as a person and also on the cut...

I have a large number of Dees master recordings in my possession so if you can remember the name of the tape its more than likely ive got the original here or at my parents and im more than happy to let you have a copy

I keep saying this but me and Pete are going to be making some of Dees recordings available on CDs to anyone who wants to have them its just finding the time to get together as were both pretty busy with work and kids etc but when we eventually do get things finished ill let everyone know they are ready and good to go

Guest petesasqwax

It's bloody ridiculous that I can't find time to get over to you when you're literally 15mins drive away! Life needs to be a whole lot less mental at some point soon!

• Like 1

I don't remember the name of the recording, it was basically a compilation of several different tracks, skratch sessions, etc. (from what I remember). In any case, I would be stoked to get a copy of Dee's recordings when you and Pete link up.

Really good to know Dee has a brother on here...shit makes my day. I seriously miss that guy!

• Like 1

Yeah man me too, I miss him every day and it sucks without him in my life.. we were always real close & especially as we got older, so i try to do something with him in mind as much as I can, whether its playing a record or visiting a place he liked to go to,just simple stuff really.. even making baked beans on toast exactly the way he liked them lol (he was always such a perfectionist especially when it came down to beans on toast :d ) he'd say stupid shit to me like "standards must be maintained at all cost Danny boy" & "never underestimate the power of the humble baked bean"

its never gonna be the same without him but it does help me a lot knowing people like yourself and others on here still think of him in a good way and im real thankfull for that..

Serious LOL: "standards must be maintained at all cost Danny boy"

That's tight you do stuff with him in mind, including going to the same spots and making dope dishes, even beans on toast.

Side note, there was mad shit talking on Skratchcon.com on the regular, especially from Ricci Rucker. The only person that could legitimately step to him on the cut was Dee, and he'd only been skratching for like 4 years at that point. Ish was crazy. Ricci was like Darth Vader, but Dee was like Hung Solo. Wait, no he was like that one blond dude. Oh, oh, Luke Skywalker, that's him. I miss those days...so much unnecessary drama.

• 3 weeks later...

HI! I'm Mitch from Manila, Philippines. I'm 46 and was a radio DJ from 1989 to 2002. I used to mix 45s on live radio in the days of the 1200's until the CDJ500s came along. Trying to revisit this passion and maybe finally learn to scratch!

Mabuhay! <--- Filipino word for "welcome", also means "cheers".

Mitch

• Like 1

Hiya fellas. Been a member awhile but don't normally post on any forum's.

A wee bit of info for ye i guess :)

I'm from Cork,Ireland. Been cuttin on and off since 2000. Its was after seeing Fingathing live in 00 as part of Rae & Cristian band that i got an terrible itch, and im still trying to scratch it :)

Its a great site and have had the pleasure of meeting a few members,all A1 except that one c**t

lol i Joke

They all feckin Sound.. After getting a few bits in the buy & sell also,tnx lads ;) A pleasure.

Aaron

Edited by itchi
  • Like 2

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Its a great site and have had the pleasure of meeting a few members,all A1 except that one c**t

Oooooo, i hope he means me!!! :d And after i said i love fingathing as well, too!

I didn't see this post from this cheeky scratchman. Welcome all up inside this place! This dude is a very nice guy, everyone be super cool with him or i'll get you up and down, bad style! :@

:)

• Like 1

Wassup my fellow cuts sluts!

Some of you already have the misfortune of knowing me from TTW/SSS/CSG/DMC/IDA as Day/Daykin/Daykinator or just simply, Carl. (I've never had a cool DJ name!)

Been doing my thing on the ones and twos since 2000 - I always loved the art of scratching since watching DMC vids in the 90's (those guys were the coolest imo) but started out as a DnB/Jungle DJ playing at raves/free parties etc. until I slowly taught myself basic scratching and incorporated it into my DnB sets then transitioned into a Hip Hop/Scratch DJ.

I got obsessed with beat juggling, buying doubles and wearing them out within a matter of days, then got Serato in 2007 (How handy is it having doubles of everything ever???) before getting re-obsessed with scratching again, discovering the reverse switch (yes, I cut hamster style - what? say something!) and hooking up with local scratch aficionados ChrisGroove and Sammy B-Side. Nothing improves your cuts quite like jamming with your mates, eh?

In my time I've DJ'd for live Hip Hop crews and MC battles, done cuts on tracks and slots on the radio etc. These days I cut it up at home, make beats and edit routines (shouts to Ruftone!) I fucking love it!!!!

tl;dr - name is Carl, love scratching - let's be friends!

Peace!

• Like 2