THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

Guest petesasqwax

Ah, that's dope! I do have some of the Klaus Layer stuff (was never completely convinced that it wasn't a pseudonym for somebody else, not that it has anything to do with how nice the music is).

It took me back to when we did a radio show when I was doing my film degree in Southampton in the late 90s. Nice to hear him mention Lex. Tom (who started the label) is an old Sheffield-connected friend of mine. He put one of my tracks on the Lex compilation 'Lexoleum'. The way all this stuff interconnects is crazy shit. I love it!

I meant to ask you pete did you ever meet Tom and Rób when you used to go over to Dees house ? They were really good friends of his and top lads to boot for that matter. Its a shame cos i had Toms number and we were gonna meet up for a beer and a chat a while ago but i dont have it anymore. Just a thought that you may have known them both im pretty sure my mums got contact details for him if not

Guest petesasqwax

Yes, mate, I remember Tom! I don't think I met Rob, but I definitely saw Tom at least once. His dad worked at the university, is that right? A lecturer, perhaps?

hi pete if you see this let me know if you got my email back last night my phone keeps playing up and it wont tell me whats been sent by email for some reason and my computers not been set back up yet

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

My name is Psychedelic Schizophrenic or more commonly known as Mark, I'm 32 years old from…. Cue up the ripping “Trashford”. I was a big Jungle/hardcore head back in the day until I heard my first scratch in 96' and was immediately hooked by this weird, wonderful yet mesmerising sound.

I've been scratching on and off since the early 00's, but to be honest I really should be a higher level then I am currently. So hopefully with some time, practice, pointers and a gentle kick up the arse from fellow turntablists here at DV I can improve, hone and elevate my scratching :)

Gearwise I'm currently rocking my Vestax QFO LE DX with Innofader and a couple of Akai MPC samplers (1000 and 2500 with JJ-OS).

Looking forward to getting stuck in and making a right damn nuisance of myself (In a good way of course :p)

hi there mr psychedelic sir welcome aboard bro....o if you have a bit of a banter with some of these cats on this forum i am sure that youll be able to improve your techniques and cutting styles no end . (seriously some of these fellas are shit hot if you listen to the tracks they make but i wont stroke thier egos by naming em lol

Thanks for the welcome and pointer Dan. No doubting the serious level of talent here on the boards. Hopefully I be able to learn a trick or two ;)

Guest petesasqwax

Good to have you here, Mark! Already weighing in heavy with those D-Styles sample source spots - I would never have unearthed the Hubert Laws one!

As Dan said, there's a load of sickos on the cut and the beats knocking around here and everyone is more than happy to help one another out.

:(( Yo thanks for the p m psych mate but i still cant put any vids up from this phone im using ill just have to get my pc back up and running a bit quicker but thanks again anyway bro

No worries Dan, I know copying link from Youtube on my iPhone 5 is arse about face, about time Google made it easier to copy links to be honest. Good luck getting your PC back up and running mate

Good to have you here, Mark! Already weighing in heavy with those D-Styles sample source spots - I would never have unearthed the Hubert Laws one!

As Dan said, there's a load of sickos on the cut and the beats knocking around here and everyone is more than happy to help one another out.

Many thanks for the warm welcome Petesasqwax. I wouldn't of got that Hubert Laws one if it wasn't from a friend of a friend of a friend that put me onto him a while back. Looking forward to learning some new tricks and sharing some of the random knowledge that I know ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey hey all... Sunny here... I'm fond of scratching and ellipses... I know- or know of- a whole ton of the cats I see on here... loads of respectable names on the cut, on the beats, on the scene... big howdy to y'all, and an honour getting to hang.

I used to be more of a bedroom dude, but a couple years ago started to reach at my local scene here in Toronto and online, and have experienced a whole new love for the art.

With the disappearance of scratch tool dealers around my town, I've also gotten into the side-biz of bulk ordering vinyl and reselling to local scratch heads in need.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Sunny

• Like 1