THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

Hi DV,

Disc Jock Adrennalin from Amsterdam NL signing in from skratchlounge...

I'm a 41 year old embittered b-boy, graff writer, MC, DJ and record digger. Jack of tons of trades, master of none. I just love all those elements of hip hop.

Bought my decks almost 14 years ago from a friend and thought I had clout. But only since last year have I embraced more advanced styles (orbits and boomerangs) simply because I was a clueless recluse without Youtube to turn to.

Currently mostly practicing my autobahns and orbits, but my fader hand is slooooow.... :)

Peace...

• Like 1

Yo,

Just getting back into things after a long break, always wanted to learn to scratch so I'm going for it now. Just building up a collection of gear after selling up a few years ago, buying a house and having kids takes its tole. Got myself a couple of 1210's mint in box, with everything included, for £300 so I'm pretty proud of that one. Now looking for a decent mixer to get going. Currently struggling to find a decent mixer, ebay is like a ghost town for anything decent, so I'm hitting up forums for advice, tips, etc and obviously for a mixer.

Welcome to the forum man. It's probably best to start a thread about the mixer - say what features you want and how much you're willing to spend and I'm sure we can suggest something. There's occasionally people putting up good mixers for sale on here too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I'm Slam from France.

I came here few times already before but never signed up for an account, it's now done !

I'm glad to see there is some activity here because the french scratch forums are quite dead.

Check out my Youtube channel to see what I do, there's a few scratch tutorials as well on there.

Peace guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hrk9myBGs8&list=UU_xGnQDEltYvtWjtaQQinvw

• Like 2

Hi, I'm Jel.

I live in the UK and have been into scratching since about 1998 in terms of just following the turntablism scene out of my own interest but without doing it myself. I finally started when I bought tts in about 2007 but don't get a lot of time to practice now as I have a young family who take up most of my non-work time. Still, I like to scratch now and then just for fun and would like to improve my skills a bit.

Edited by jeljms
  • Like 2

Whats up I'm HiipFire.

I'm from the Netherlands and I've been into scratching for about a year and a half.

I've been lurking DV for about a year right now, though I have popped up in the tinychat from time to time.

probably gonna enter the battle when my new mixer arrives.

• Like 2

Welcome man!

Are you entering the battle?

Yeah, I'm gonna give it a try !

• Like 2

hey whats up up everyone?,,.. KINGTRAGIC HERE AKA "TRAGIC"I"ve been a serious dj since 85-86...will be 42 ON AUG 22..

I also do beat production..maily hiphop..and electro..and graffiti too..glad to be part of the board..and look forward to this upcoming battle.

• Like 2

The name derives from the expression 'Tragic Magic"..from early Graffiti times...the "King' was added because of my graff status in my city..and my dj status in my city

• Like 1