Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rasteri

I've tested the new circuit, it works great - sounds much better with the internal speaker than the original PT-01 preamp. I've ordered 15 circuit boards, but I can easy order more if there is demand. People who have spoken in this thread get priority.

• Like 4

Guest Symatic

how are you thinking the fader connects then rasteri? like does it have a little stick-on box or are we thinking it will go in the body of the numark?

Connected everything to my circuit board, and found a suitable place to mount it next to the power/output board :

Tested and working!

Just gotta figure out where to mount the AUX IN port and we're done!

Album with extra bonus photos : http://imgur.com/a/gux35

Ere ya go Sy, pics Andy posted earlier in da mega thread, featuring a close up of a mucky knob

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I only spoke moderately in this thread. Can i still get one, Mr R? I'll use the term hand wringing addendum again.

Also, knobs

Oooh, edit, can this be used to fit a penny and giles fader just as easily?

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Radness. I was ordering my pt01 today. Scratching at work at lunchtime here we come. I also have money to give to you if you want it today Rasteri.

I just got a pt01 yesterday and am looking forward to this mod (love this thread). Any chance you could ship one of those PCB to Amsterdam? I have a vestax fader from 10 years ago, still in the box, because the one in my pmc06 refuses to break :) It would be cool to build in that one in stead of going the frisk/raidenfader route. Mainly for quality, but build in also makes a way cooler looking scratch-in-a-box

You guys see this?

Caption:

104 likes
5h

Anyone know where I can get this for less than $48+shipping?

Guest Symatic

yeah i saw that, really cool.

I dunno if the last bit's part of the quote or if you're askin where to get it cheaper, but seeing as its focus making them i doubt you could get it cheaper than $48 without making it yourself...

yeah i saw that, really cool.

I dunno if the last bit's part of the quote or if you're askin where to get it cheaper, but seeing as its focus making them i doubt you could get it cheaper than $48 without making it yourself...

Yeah it was me asking.....

Looks like I might bite on this.

Guest Symatic

so i'm still thinking of getting a Lithium Ion battery charge pack to replace my 6x9v batteries needed in the numark right now.

i have been looking at these:

http://www.ianker.com/product/79AN7906-BA

but i just noticed on Anker's FAQ page that they can charge any "Devices that accept DC power up to 12V/1.5mA" and the Numark power supply says it outputs AC

what to do???

Guest rasteri

The Numark power supply outputs AC, then the PT-01 full-wave rectifies that and then regulates it down to a single-ended 9v supply. That Anker battery pack should work just fine, and you don't need to worry about polarity as the rectifier will take care of that.

It's possible the diodes will have too much of a voltage drop across them to power the regulator, if that's the case you will have to hack it to bypass the rectifier. That won't be hard though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of a akku pack as well.... I got a few of those which I'm using for portable sound systems and they're pretty cool...
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Super-Power-DC-12V-Portable-6800mAh-Li-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-N1-/251969391580?hash=item3aaa8bcbdc:g:JxcAAOSw~gRV6UYa
Even the bigger 9,8Ah fits into the battery "slot" just perfect...

any news on the kits? :)