Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

i have tested an ortofon scratch needle with the numark and it fits great in the tonearm :-) the only problem is the volume is much lower than the numark cheap needle but the sound quality is a lot better :-) i have not read everything here from your posts but what you all together thinking about an amp to make the ortofon louder?

That's so fucking sick, does it track much better than the regular needle? Can we see pictures?

hi rasteri.. the needle track much better and the best thing is you can use more weight cause is more vinyl friendly than the numark cheap needle! https://www.facebook.com/kastela.ante/videos/975966375778236

today or tomorrow i will make a cutting session with the ortofon.. peace

Edited by Ante Kastela
  • Like 1

Guest rasteri

FUCKING AWESOME, how difficult was it to install?

EDIT : And yeah, fuck it, I'll order 10 PCBs. I'm gonna make some slight mods (4 screw holes instead of 2).

• Like 2

THX, it was really not difficult to install it. i have only removed the numark system and replace it with the ortofon system. the system sits perfect and strong.. but i will fix it a bit better with screws soon! hey rasteri it would be nice if you can order 2 PCBs also for me? :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfY83tTdM2Q

Edited by Ante Kastela
fixed the video link
  • Like 1

man i didn't see how easy it would be to just jam the whole cart in there!

i was thinking i'd be doing some sawing and bolting....

that looks sweet!

yeah symatic,

I'm really a bit proud of my work "World´s first Portable Turntable with Ortofon Scratch Needle" :d hahahahaaa oooh my god ;-))).. and much more prouder of rasteri and wax inspektor´s work :-) that`s why i gave you some props in the video descripton 2!!!
  • Like 1

how tricky would it be to switch it for one of those mini innos Focus linked to earlier in the thread?

That's the other modification I'm gonna have to make. The mini-innofaders require a 5V supply and the PT-01s supply 9v, so I'll have to include a 5V regulator. Not difficult though.

one important thing i forget to tell you. the ortofon system need a bit more weight on the tonearm cause its to heavy.. i use this quick 3 euro uhu patafix idea.. is just temporarily.. searching for a better looking one.. like some plastic circles or whatever.. peace

Edited by Ante Kastela

Does the standard headphone out still work with the be fader mod? And how hard hard would it be to incorporate some kind of 'bass cut' mod on one of these portables?

Indeed it does. And probably not too hard. I could maybe include it as a jumper setting or something.

• Like 1

Fuck knows what's going on there but that look like a pretty tidy mod, especially with the small amount of space available in the handytraxx

Back from my break....

He soldered the Fader in Parallel to the Main Volume Fader on the Circuit Board and added a jack on the turntable so he could plug and unplug the external fader...

This would be the same as a Raiden or Frisk, Passive with a High Quality Fader...with no Mods on the fader the clicks sound nice and crunchy, I'm surprised..

With this method you could use any High Quality Fader, even a channel Fader...The resistance 50k vs 100k won't matter much...for this application it's fine...

What's bassically happen is that when the fader is off it is grounding the audio signal and turning the sound off...

The Contactless faders came about to eleminate, bleeding, static and are low friction...but nowadays even a high grade fader with contacts will be more then enough for these portables...Those PCV Faders, EB Pro X Faders and P&G Faders are pretty solid for this stuff...

The advantage of the Rasteri Kit is that you can add a Contactless Fader, Plus a better Cut-in/Cut-out, Make your Own Fader Box or

add Faders to FX Pedals or Toy Trains...

If he adds a few instructions and components so as to be able use different Contact and Non-Contact Faders...That's where the magic is...

Edited by Focus
  • Like 1

If I get 10 people to order a PCB it'll bring down the price to around £30 each including refurbished PCV fader. If you don't want the fader, £20.

I might just order some kits at that price anyway and just assemble them as people need. The components are so fucking cheap in bulk it's ridiculous.

I want the PCB with fader for £30!!!

Guest petesasqwax

The advantage of the Rasteri Kit is that you can add a Contactless Fader, Plus a better Cut-in/Cut-out, Make your Own Fader Box or

add Faders to FX Pedals or Toy Trains...

FINALLY!

• Like 1

If I get 10 people to order a PCB it'll bring down the price to around £30 each including refurbished PCV fader. If you don't want the fader, £20.

I might just order some kits at that price anyway and just assemble them as people need. The components are so fucking cheap in bulk it's ridiculous.

I'm in for 2 units! How much additional to ship it over to the Philippines? :-)