THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

hi i'm ewan,

i'm from scotland and live in turin, italy, ive always been into technology and music, and always wanted to be able to scratch and beatjuggle, but never had the time or cash to dedicate to it, now at the tender age of 34 i finaly put together a decent setup:

numark ttx1s and a stanton sk2f all bought broken and fixed up(not quite finnished yet), i don't buy new kit ever, instead i just hack and modify and fix broken stuff i find or buy for cheap.

i hack opensource software for fun so the automatic choice of dvs for me was xwax, which i will probably be evangelising ad nauseum.

in my day job i'm a circus performer/street performer, which may sound interesting but i'm actualy just an average nerd who juggles with stuff and balances on things.

i'm totaly into all the performance aspects of turntablism, one day i hope to put together a scratch routine for my show. which is why i'm here.

• Like 1

Hey I'm Miguel from Ottawa, Canada, work in a call center for a credit card company & am going to school for accounting.

I spin hip hop mostly from 80s, 90s and underground & I do a lot of scratching and recording mixtapes etc. I'm saving up for a DVS but not in a rush to go out and buy anything yet, so far I only use vinyl records(original copies only aside from scratch records) and am constantly adding to my collection.

Love collecting records as much as actually DJing :d . My most rare/expensive record would probably be an original copy of Operation: Doomsday from MF Doom.

Although I've had turntables for a while I'd describe myself as intermediate/still learning since I'm only starting to really try to improve & have only just begun recording myself(I sound shitty! lol).

Look forward to improving the cuts/mixes with you guys!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

My name is Ollie, I'm from NJ and been DJing since I was 13... I'm 32 years old and still a Scratch fein! I'm a fulltime DJ working Corporate Events/Weddings/Clubs for Scratch Academy NYC... I consider those type of events my day job so that it can pay my bills in order for me to Scratch! I've joined Qbert's University ironically since Scratch Academy doesn't really have that advanced scratching techniques I'm looking for...

Over the recent past, I'm crazy surprised on how European DJs have taken scratching to a whole other level! Is it me or the American Scratcher's are not at all close to par of the European DJs? I find myself always watching B4B videos or French DJs tearing it up... Much respect!

It feels like I'm stuck with the 1990's scratch of just 2 click orbiting being my most complicated scratch... I'm trying to grasp the new school of Boomerangs/Delayed Flares/etc. Hopefully I can grasp it soon..

Thanks for creating a dope forum for dope scratchers!

• Like 1