THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

Hey! I'm Nuno, as a dj I go by the name of Profail; 16-year-old guy from Portugal. I've been scratching for almost three years, entered my first battle this year, I'm also a digger and I've just started making my own music.

The wheels have been inadvertantly set in motion for some of my "work" to be included in a hardback annual.

I never asked for this to happen.

Anyway Profail, your name could be read in English to be a shortened version of "Professional failure" which I'm sure you're not. I'm not overly bothered but you might want to reconsider it. I think you're a lot better than me at DJing already.

Ahah, thanks for your input, and I know that, but self-deprecation seems to be seen as trendy these days. Anyway, I'll change it as soon as I find a better alternative.

And thank you too, Steve. There aren't many turntablists over here in Portugal, so that doesn't surprise me, but I'll try to spread this forum within the ones I know. Oh, and sorry for any misspelling or bad grammar, I think it's understandable as English is not my first language.

You missed the accent, it's "Olá", but don't worry, I doubt that your keyboard even has one of those, eheh.

As I said, Portugal doesn't have much of a history in the turntablism scene, except for the Beatbombers (

) who have been achieving some good results lately. Let's hope I can change that!

Yup, I do know him, Portugal is a small country, eheh.

Actually, his routine was a good surprise. Not really my favourite track selection, but it was well-rounded and the top 12 is a historical result for Portugal. I only think he lacks some scratch skills.

• 1 month later...

I like that your DJ name has an underscore in it. Welcome. Please, tell me a little about your past. Do you have courage? Do you like Porridge? Are you degree-educated? Do you have "crazy knowledge"?

Stop me before I kill again.

hi all, my name is james, aka jam... cut up junkie/turntablist/noobish beatmaker/shittalker, got my 1st set of 12's back in 98, started cuttin properly late 99, into hiphop/nu funk/electro/drum n bass/anything that sounds good... may also c me in contests nex year, peace.