THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

I like that your DJ name has an underscore in it. Welcome. Please, tell me a little about your past. Do you have courage? Do you like Porridge? Are you degree-educated? Do you have "crazy knowledge"?

Stop me before I kill again.

Thanks!

1.Yes

2.No

3.Street educated, school educated (No degree on either)

4. Still learning everyday, but yes I do have some knowledge and it can be crazy at times.

Waddup dv?

Sigma brought me here because I was whining about the lack of turntablism on other dj forums (as well as the death of djforums).

After browsing the threads here I can say 3 things:

1. Why the hell did I not know about this place earlier? 90% of the scratch videos I've taken notes from are from 100% of the tablists on this forum.

2. I thought I was a scratch nerd who thought too hard and knew a thing or two about the cut, but now I realize that I know absolutely nothing.

3. The US is far behind when it comes to turntablism than you folks across the Atlantic...I wish it wasn't that way

We have open sessions/battles (scratchpad) around Los Angeles/Hollywood and San Diego, and most of the scratch heads up here know each other - but very few of them compete on a worldwide level like you guys do over here. I guess we don't take it as seriously anymore.

Anyways, looks like I can learn a few things and maybe and hand your asses to you :d one of these days.

Peace

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Semantik has WAY slowed down with updates to the CK site though, I think maybe something in real life came up. CK used to be fairly relevant, now it has cobwebs

yeah DV suits me: no riffraff

Edited by R Funksmith

Probably about time I wrote something on here

Hi, I'm Wax On (AKA America-Head, The Groupon Don, Marvelix etc). I'm into beatmaking and mixtape making, been lurking on here a minute now. Like the site, it's a bit different to the other forums.