THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

Hi,

I'm Anthony, 21 years old computer science student from france.

I found digital vertigo thanks to jimmy penguin's dv battle vid on youtube.

I'm taking up scratching after a 1 year break - not to become extremely skilled - just to have fun and to try to develop interesting patches/programs using turntables. So if someone wants to work on a project - with an idea or not - I will be glad to be contacted.

I mostly listen guys from leaving records and alpha pup, these kinds of stuff... organic sounds, cassette warmth.

Thanks Steve and doppelkorn !

when you say patches are you working with Max/MSP? Some people on here are into that kind of thing and I've seen people combine turntables and puredata patches before

I start working with Max, I can write patches but I need to learn more about synthesis, just own Curtis Roads's famous computer music tutorial.

The guys from ms pinky lab have made a cool software, there are things to do with that.

I learn C, C++ and java at school, processing and openFrameworks are powerful frameworks so I think the choice of the language comes after the idea/concept.

Do you have some links of the topics talking about puredata and turntablism ? The search function returns me an error, permission denied.

Do you have some links of the topics talking about puredata and turntablism ? The search function returns me an error, permission denied.

Not right now man but I'll have a look in a bit. There's some great tutorials buy some guy on YouTube which form part fo some university course...

The are nice stuffs on youtube and vimeo, the dj hero hack is cool but I would to keep the use of real records, scrathing on ipad and those kinds of things doesn't attract me, I don't think that turntablists will use it.

A video analyzer converting your scratches - hand movements - into data then you can put a sample into the program and it will be able to reproduce the movements over this sample... for example you record a drumming then you are free to change the drum loop without having to record it again... or a ttm notation converter based on the same idea. I don't know.

Great visual work here :

Edited by huehue

Guest Symatic

for example you record a drumming then you are free to change the drum loop without having to record it again... or a ttm notation converter based on the same idea.

yes that would be dope. Ive wanted ms pinky for a while now. have you got it? post some vids if you do!

• 2 months later...

Ayoooo whatsup friends?

I decided to properly join a scratch forum again after my adventures in purgatorium aka funkshitup aka d's board, asisphonics and skratchlounge. I know some of you already in person and from the internets and I am looking forward to get to know more of you!

Dj freshcuts from Barcelona (although I am Greek)

Peace out

Whats up everyone, my name's Austin. I'm here from the U.S. I'm 28 and have been doing gigs for about 2 years now. I've wanted to learn to scratch for as long as I can remember and finally found my first set of 1200's about 1 year ago.

I met Sigma through another forum and found this site through him... looking forward to getting to know all of you. Peace

Ayoooo whatsup friends?

I decided to properly join a scratch forum again after my adventures in purgatorium aka funkshitup aka d's board, asisphonics and skratchlounge. I know some of you already in person and from the internets and I am looking forward to get to know more of you!

Dj freshcuts from Barcelona (although I am Greek)

Peace out

Whats up everyone, my name's Austin. I'm here from the U.S. I'm 28 and have been doing gigs for about 2 years now. I've wanted to learn to scratch for as long as I can remember and finally found my first set of 1200's about 1 year ago.

I met Sigma through another forum and found this site through him... looking forward to getting to know all of you. Peace

Welcome!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, my name's Dave. Some of you may know my online alias as hipnopath but my DJ name is DJ CirKutCison. Anyway, I finally manned up and joined these forums as I'm already in skratchlounge, DJTT, and DJF. Hope to get to know you guys and hope to learn!