Deeswift what's that cut u did on?

jsong56

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with some of the comments about musical learning and creating your own style. I have learned some stuff my getting people to show me, but i always put my own twist on it, or always try to anyway. In fact i learn more from listening to guitar players play than turntablists, its the rythm. Take transforming, i learned how to transform by listening to tom morrello on ratm records, and i still learn new patterns every time i listen to him play, in my opinion, , i havent heard a dj transform better than he can.

It is important to know the basics before learning more advanced stuff, i se guys just learning the crab and hats all they do, theres no musicality, no rythem, its just crabbing.

i'm waffling now, and am probably not making any sense.....so i'll stop

theres no right or wrong answer.

dee never told anyone on boards how to do his cuts, ive met other djs the same. thats cool and you gotta respect that.

not everyone likes to give away all their secrets.

i dont think it matters too much either, i can see the positives of both schools of thought.

all scratches can be broke down and worked out anyways.

yes I´m speaking about these. try to paste them in your browser.. no work

They worked about two to three days ago.

The only audio file I decided to save was - DS' Ninjastyle 2001.

It's the one in which he elaborated upon a mistake and made it better.

http://home.comcast.net/~socal.alan/Deeswi...astyle.2001.mp3

and now, a message from out sponsor... well, The Real Deeswifty actually

Dude, tell Gabe I never learned from a damn video. I had one of the best scratching partners on earth with Awkward. Gabe doesn't have a clue about this. I learnt about 3 scratches in total from watching Turntable Wizardry Volume 1. Rest of what I did was learnt by jamming with other good DJ's, and this went on for years, every day almost. I was hungry to learn at the time, and I learnt a lot in a short space of time. Maybe having shitloads of experience on other instruments helped here -- like 20 years worth of drums, guitar, bass, etc. It pays off.

Besides, it ain't even about what you learnt or where and who you learnt it from, to progress with it, it's about how to create your own style from it. They should judge a musician for how much original and inspiring shit they come up with. So hey, they can sit there discussing practice files I did 4 years ago, fine, but I'm telling you they're only sitting there discussing it because they have nothing better to do. Could it be that they can't come up with shit themeselves and so they rag on other people who can? And you can paste this into the thread if you want. It's easy to sit there discussing shit like this when I can't be there to defend myself. Wack. I'm IP banned from DV. I'd tell them myself, otherwise.

he also says thanks for keeping his name around, he doesn't even have to do anything and there's still drama, cool

haha, and there you have it folks, straight from the source...;)

he told me all this when I called him up the other day to help me with my homework, we're dropping an album soon called "The Real DV: Deeswift & Vekked", in stores/your mom soon muh fukkaz!