Sigma - 4D Mixtape

yeh i was sayin hat because he can stop and play when eve a mix went wrong then its a lot easier than mixing live...ive never tried multitracking so i wouldnt know..and im not trying to say its eaier..im just wondering on other ppls perspecitves...personally..i would like to hear a mixtape with god solid mixes with things going on unique to that mix (ie not just one sone blatently mixed into another and thats it)...i dont care how its done as long as its done right

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuckin class mate.. excellent work!

is that where they got that sample from amerie from, the meters?! SHIT!! i never knew, and ive heard that meters song so many times

i love both those songs!

ps. i love the lumide cut up chunk. heheh

Thanks for checking it out doods! :d

Rygon - I don't consider it cheating, unless of course I tried to tell you it was all done live in one take. lol. If you take the end of the Cypress Hill track going into the scratched part for example, there are two copies of the Cypress record being scratched with echo added. Over that, there are the hand claps from the Lumidee record, plus 4 vocal samples that pan left and right, some scratched cymbals, a scratched beat etc. It's about 9 layers or something. It just wouldn't be possible for one person to do that live. It's the same sort of thing as trying to make an all scratched track as a transition between some of the songs. There's a skill in being able to mix with just decks and a mixer, but equally there is a skill in being able to use multitracking to good effect, which hopefully I've pulled off in this mix.

WOW... I'm still on the jiggy shit, but this is an absurdly well made mixtape... I meen this is REALLY REALLY GOOD...

Will you help me and/or gimme crits'/pointers on my summer time tape when I get around to it?

This is so much better than anything you could hear @ a club ... I meen  you just can't mix like this w/ 2 turntables & a mixer...

I'm gonna shut up now, cuz I'm getting redundant but its crazy good.

Thanks mate! I'll certainly help you with your mix if I can.

Not much I can say to you that I already havtn't on this steve. It's really really tightly put together bro. Not a weak mix on it and all the breakdowns ect are fugin superb. Basically go out and buy most hip hop mixes that are for retail and this completely pisses on them.

got it from mr.dee at the weekend had it on in the car all week...

as for the mix...

2 thumbs up...

plus anything that has the meters on it has to rock...

Thanks doods.

The volume issues are sorted now I think. I used a compressor on this version and posted it without listening all the way through. When I did listen it didn't sound as good as the uncompressed version. As for cutting and mixing, well this was multitracked and some parts took quite a few takes. I wouldn't ever say I could do anything like this live.

Ooooo i almoust missed this, Holy Shizza steverino, NIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee Guyyyyyy. But foreal good job with the mix man, I gotta do something this summer and post up lol