Sigma - 4D Mixtape

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry took so long to give feedback, shits been hectic for once in my life. this is fuckin dope. some tunes i'm not struck on, but the mixing etc etc is on point mate. good shit, like what matt said, waiting for 5D!

• 4 weeks later...

A little late reply here!! :)..... As i said on alienz a while back, one damn dope mix!! Cant stop listening to it dude!! Everyone down my end love's it! This mix has been burned more time's than a poorly rolled joint!!!! Gonna have to sort out a hook up if you want to??

Hehehe. Thanks a lot man. I'm definitely up for a hook up of some kind. Perhaps we could have a go at making a track or something?

BTW - Whatever happened to your mix? Did you figure out how to use your computer yet? lol. :p

lol .... just need the time!! Everytime i find it, it'll start uploading then get half way through and say summin like "cannot find server" or summin!!! Ah well...got to work tonight but have a day off tomorrow so i'll have another stab at it tonight when i finish. Fingerz crossed eh!!

I did reply in the shoutbox mate, but you must have gone already. It's on the album "Mecca & The Soul Brother". You can get it on various compilations and it's been released several times as a 12 too. If you like that track though, grab the LP cos it's a classic.

just listening to this at the mo. some nice suprise tracks in there which was nice, for a little crit i'd say your use of panning - it sounded nice but not quite subtle enough for me, i ike your sound tho - will have to give it a propper listen in the studio, dont know what program you used, maybe audition? dont know if you can time / meter the pans better or not in that, but yeah, i wafflin and its fucking geeky! nice mix man...there is real skill to the multi-track mixing so no one should hate on this, so long as you're going beyond what is possible with 2 turntables n a mixer then its all good.

you multi-track different to me so it'll be interesting to hear what you think of my latest which should be finished very soon....pz!

Thanks for the feedback mate! It was made in Audition, you're right. I do agree about the panning, although sometimes I try and be subtle, but I can't really notice the effect and perhaps end up taking it a bit too far.

If you listen to it on a good sound system, you'll notice the sound quality isn't that great and on some tracks it's terrible. I have sorted this out now, but I didn't bother to re-upload it. I used a compressor when I shouldn't really have bothered. :s

I'll be interested to hear yours too man. I love a good multitrack mix. I have massive respect for people who mix the traditional way too, but you can't beat a bit of multi-layered action. :d

I used a compressor when I shouldn't really have bothered. :s

seen, if you compress something thats already mastered you use such a small amount of compression (or none at all!) otherwise you give yourself problems - on cuts and juggles you can use a little more, other than that its not worth compressing a mix - the tracks have been mastered by someone with far better ears, in a far better room with way better speakers (and anyone who argues that is a dick LOL), i only compress drumming usually...

whats the best place to upload? - i found an old cd the other night i did for a clubs promotion, not a mixtape but more snippets, only ten minutes long, but i multitracked that (infact was the first thing i ever multi-tracked) there's some interesting/ laughable shit on there so i should get it up....

again tho man, really enjoyed the mix, good work!! :d

I'm still a n00b when it comes to mastering the finished product. Now I don't bother with any compression or anything, I just leave it as it is.

Upload sites: -

http://www.yousendit.com

http://www.turboupload.com

http://www.megaupload.com

http://www.rapidshare.com

YouSendIt seems to be the most trustworthy, but they're all fairly cack in their own way. lol. The bottom three have less restrictions on the number of downloads and time limits, but can be a bit unreliable.

i tried using the rapidshare site i've seen Dee use, haven't tried the DL, hope it works tho -

mastering's a bitch! you need years of work to get good at it, also a decent space and a hella mount of cash (i spent over 3 grand on a manley outboard tube eq thats used in mastering, but works amazing in the chain), put into that the speakers, compressors and you wont get an average mastering suite for much under a hundred grand,

still you should never attempt at mastering your own music...always use someone elses ears...

i would recommend using just a little compression on cuts and things because the levels are always changed on them and they will sit in the mix a lot better after, real low ratio tho - depends what compressor you use? i use digidesign in the box and out of the box i have a universal audio 1176 compressor - my baby, used by frank sinatra and nat king cole, having said that i dont use any of the outboard gear on multi-trck work - its not worth it, only production

waffle waffle waffle!

Guest Deeswift
i tried using the rapidshare site i've seen Dee use, haven't tried the DL, hope it works tho -

mastering's a bitch! you need years of work to get good at it, also a decent space and a hella mount of cash (i spent over 3 grand on a manley outboard tube eq thats used in mastering, but works amazing in the chain), put into that the speakers, compressors and you wont get an average mastering suite for much under a hundred grand,

still you should never attempt at mastering your own music...always use someone elses ears...

i would recommend using just a little compression on cuts and things because the levels are always changed on them and they will sit in the mix a lot better after, real low ratio tho - depends what compressor you use? i use digidesign in the box and out of the box i have a universal audio 1176 compressor - my baby, used by frank sinatra and nat king cole, having said that i dont use any of the outboard gear on multi-trck work - its not worth it, only production

waffle waffle waffle!

Sounds like you know your shit. Universal 1176 = dope.