POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

Guest broke

I can't help but think there must have been a little disappointment after collecting all those egg boxes only to find they did virtually nothing to the sound in the room...

I was just going to ask if they actually had any effect at all

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the setup is definitely a bit of a mess acoustically. That's part of the reason I went cheap and cheerful on the speakers. There probably is just enough room for speaker stands either side of the desk which I might do. Ported speakers up against the wall on a reflective surface is not clever either! It sounds really boomy at the moment.

Guest loop skywalker

I can't help but think there must have been a little disappointment after collecting all those egg boxes only to find they did virtually nothing to the sound in the room...

To be totally honest,they probably dont make any difference at all.I wanted to make sure that i had as little sound audible from outside my garage as possible.There is 1 foot thick rockwool insulation behind the ceiling,floor,and every wall with a very small hatch to enter the room. with double layers of very thick curtain both sides of the hatch. My mother in law was a breakfast chef so it only took a week to collect the egg boxes.I was looking at the foam..but was so expensive.I have taken half of the egg boxes down now and replaced with old shitty records to decorate.All in all its a luxury escape hole from the world.Detached from my house and because its such a small room i dont have to have the volume way up for it to be nice and loud in there .

Guest loop skywalker

i did notice that since taking the egg boxes from the opposite wall that the bass response seems better.The sound was kind of flat in their before hand..even when you spoke it sounded weired.

Friend of mine gave my decks a service, and sold me his Urei 1601e Mixer.

Loving Playing Vinyl again, Decks feel brand new.

Nice! That Kaos mixer sucked