POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

Nice! I been clearing out my studio too but completely not by choice. Wifey keeps throwing shit away so I've been having to get involved with my hording-room.

I just got new expedit myself, so now I have two of them in 4x4 size - not so practical to work on too of, but you sure feel important once you're up there.

This is part of a very slow moving rework of my record room - my girlfriend keeps on poking her nose in and when this happens I go on strike for two weeks just to show here who's boss, so it's been taking forever.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

I've just bought a load of stuff for my studio space, with Expedits featuring heavily on the list of items. Because I'm using mine for production largely, I've not opted for anything underneath the worktop that my gear will go on. I'm a leggy fucker - I can't be doing with all that. Fortunately I've got nuff space around for Expedits and the like at the other end of the room so my pics, when they appear, will be pretty sparse on that front

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

got a bit of cable management to sort out. have built an enclosure, so its kinda difficult to enter/exit the studio area although the electribe and radias are on a small table that i can move out the way when im not using them for easier access

1604753_10151944398111567_6014490_n.jpg

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - padkontrol is superb mate. Immensely enjoyable to mess with and damn useful when paired with Battery. The garden chair, sadly, is a hefty metal Ikea office job that cost far more than a garden chair whilst being significantly less comfortable. Might switch it for a garden chair and see how long it takes my mrs to notice ;)

got a new foldable bed today, which allows a bit of breathing space as my room is tiny.. it also lets me exit the studio area more easily when the beds folded up.. this is it in bed mode -

1888633_10151947490316567_437978995_n.jp

then folded up! - 1978738_10151947490616567_850766680_n.jp

got a new foldable bed today, which allows a bit of breathing space as my room is tiny.. it also lets me exit the studio area more easily when the beds folded up.. this is it in bed mode -

1888633_10151947490316567_437978995_n.jp

then folded up! - 1978738_10151947490616567_850766680_n.jp

Brilliant. Love the cable rack too. I need one of those.

setup.jpg

Pretty nice and clean

Dan I remember you were going on about some Max4live business a while ago, never really paid much attention (wasn't that far along), but am interested to know what you were doing now?

Can you remember what the thread was that you were talking about it on?

Cheers man!

Pretty nice and clean

Dan I remember you were going on about some Max4live business a while ago, never really paid much attention (wasn't that far along), but am interested to know what you were doing now?

Can you remember what the thread was that you were talking about it on?

Cheers man!

I can't remember the thread mate but I was just using the FX that come with M4L. I was using them to really change and transform loops to create totally new sounds. Such as splitting a loop into 3 frequency bands and then using a buffer shuffler on each band with different settings. Sometimes it sounded great other times it was horrible. I really must revisit that...

Me and my roomatre recently decided that needle wear is bullshit and its just a matter of cleaning your needles with a small brush and some rubbing alcohol. He has this pen microscope, pretty cool device, and we looked at both the needle i cut on and the needle i use to just play beats. after cleaning the needle i usually cut with i ooked at both under the microscope and the shape/point was EXACTLY the same. think about it, how the fuck is a peice of plastic going to wear down a chunk of diamond???? myth busters 4 lyfe holmes.

one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First up unless you're Usher your stylus probably isn't made out of diamond. Diamond styli means the needle contact point is cut to diamond shape. It's still just metal.

Plus have you never had a worn down needle - the type tha just skate across the record?? I know I have and I'd rather my needles didn't get in that state too quickly.

Also record wear is very real. I thought I couldn't afford Shures when I first started out. I wish I'd just bought them though as they'd have been a great investment. I ruined a whole load of nice vinyl scratching with Shures with 5ps on the carts (how was I supposed to know???)

Needles are made of diamond, not metal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...