Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

I figured it was worth a try to calibrate the fader. It didn't get rid of any noise or the clicking but I was able to get the cut lag just under 1mm. Anything less them .9mm it starts to bleed. Now if I could just get rid of the damn clicking.

200.gif

Finally got some time to test the original innofader. Here are my findings.

Lots of audible noise from the fader. With headphones and the gain all the way down you can hear quiet a bit of noise while moving the fader around. Also when the fader is in the closed position there is a loud click. The cut lag measures about 1.22mm at the sharpest setting.

This is how I wired it.

Heres a video

If anyone could help me any of these issues that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Focus Fader V1.0 or OS2 (Micro Focus Fader) Should work without much Modding, Rasteri said he has an OS2 and was going to check it out, Not sure what happened with that. Any updates Andy?

Some how this company got a hold of Focus Faders V1.0 and are a super low price, anyone that's been asking me or are interested grab one and give it a go...It's been verified and they do have them and are legit...

Focus Fader V1.0 Link

• Like 2

The Focus Fader V1.0 or OS2 (Micro Focus Fader) Should work without much Modding, Rasteri said he has an OS2 and was going to check it out, Not sure what happened with that. Any updates Andy?

Some how this company got a hold of Focus Faders V1.0 and are a super low price, anyone that's been asking me or are interested grab one and give it a go...It's been verified and they do have them and are legit...

Focus Fader V1.0 Link

That would be cool. Especially at that price. I spoke with Elliot and he said "The original Innofader wires are in a different order...without the mod, you're actually shorting out a power supply when you move the fader." So hopefully he will give me more information about this.

On another note Elliot also said that he has mini innofader pnp p in stock that he will be modding for the PT01 Scratch. So for anyone waiting I suggest you try and get one as there is something like 50 available.

• Like 1

Focus Fader V1.0 Link

That would be cool. Especially at that price. I spoke with Elliot and he said "The original Innofader wires are in a different order...without the mod, you're actually shorting out a power supply when you move the fader." So hopefully he will give me more information about this.

On another note Elliot also said that he has mini innofader pnp p in stock that he will be modding for the PT01 Scratch. So for anyone waiting I suggest you try and get one as there is something like 50 available.

50 available? At 90$ a piece that's $4,500, that's a lot of dough :-) Are you a rep for Innofader?

It's not much work to connect FF V1.0. If you are just going to be Scratching and need Sharp Cuts then the Innofader is overkill and a little too expensive to be experimenting with imho. I'm not sure where Full Compass got their stock and I'm interested to find out for a few reasons but it's a great opportunity since they haven't been available for a very long time, highly recommended.

I don't have a Pt-01 Scratch or else I'd get it done, it's 20 seconds worth of time for Rasteri so let's see what he comes up with the OS2 Switches, which are essentially Micro FF 1.0. So it will be the same configuration.

I'll wait till NAMM to see what is coming out before I put more time into this,there will probably be some new designs.If not I'll get a Pt-01 Scratch and do it for the cause...

Edited by Focus
  • Like 3

Guest rasteri

I don't have a pt01scratch anymore (it was Justin's) so I can't test it. But yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't work in theory

50 available? At 90$ a piece that's $4,500, that's a lot of dough :-) Are you a rep for Innofader?

It's not much work to connect FF V1.0. If you are just going to be Scratching and need Sharp Cuts then the Innofader is overkill and a little too expensive to be experimenting with imho. I'm not sure where Full Compass got their stock and I'm interested to find out for a few reasons but it's a great opportunity since they haven't been available for a very long time, highly recommended.

I don't have a Pt-01 Scratch or else I'd get it done, it's 20 seconds worth of time for Rasteri so let's see what he comes up with the OS2 Switches, which are essentially Micro FF 1.0. So it will be the same configuration.

I'll wait till NAMM to see what is coming out before I put more time into this,there will probably be some new designs.If not I'll get a Pt-01 Scratch and do it for the cause...

lol.. no im not a rep but I mean I might as well get some sort of compensation for pushing his stuff along so much... I just have the og innofader from my aem 100i that id like to put to use. I agree that the innofader is overkill for the pt01 and that he is making a killing with the demand (they're $110 btw). I'm willing to do what I can to help further the community as well and if you can provide me with information as to what I need to do with the focus fader I'm up for it. I'm trying to get passes for NAMM too. Really curious about the Kallisto fader.

• Like 2

lol.. no im not a rep but I mean I might as well get some sort of compensation for pushing his stuff along so much... I just have the og innofader from my aem 100i that id like to put to use. I agree that the innofader is overkill for the pt01 and that he is making a killing with the demand (they're $110 btw). I'm willing to do what I can to help further the community as well and if you can provide me with information as to what I need to do with the focus fader I'm up for it. I'm trying to get passes for NAMM too. Really curious about the Kallisto fader.

Since you already had one it's coo, there is no reason to spend anymore funds. Just elbow grease.

110$, that's more ridiculous dough imho. To get a sharp cut and put inside the Portable? What happens when it starts bugging out, open your turntable every time to adjust it?Is another adjuster board is in the works for the Portables :-)...

You can get 4 or 5 Focus Faders v1.0 for that price :-)No lag issues ever...The link I posted is verified, one of the other Scratch Homies just posted a video and he received his in the mail.

I don't make any profits and over the years I've been asked if I had any, could easily pick up a few a resell but nawww. Just doing a genuine service to the Scratch Arts...

Highly recommended for that price before they go out of stock or increase the price.

Even if anyone of you have some funds to spare, pick one up so you can get a sense of History and see what the Fuzz has been about.

I have a small circuit to get the Focus Faders V1.0 to work with Regular PT-01, initially intended for the Non-VCA Mixers, I don't have to many made since the Slipmats are taking all my time now but you will need a Focus Fader in the future.

My intuition tells me the New Fader will be a Pro-X with the TKD Technology,TKD made the Vestax PCV faders and they have some new Contact Free Faders that are real nice, quality shtuff..

We needed some real competition to move things along in the fader scene so it is refreshing to see Mixars and ProX getting it done.

I'll send you a message if you don't mind, I have a question about the PT-01 Scratch connections...That will help in the getting the FF v1.0 to work.

• Like 1

I desoldered the switch from the PCB to make it easier for me to test. I soldered on some pins for easy access. Here are some details;

I used a micro switch as a proof of concept. Don't mind my shitty attempt at transforming with a micro switch lol...

next is to find a fader I can gut for modding.

Edited by evil98
  • Like 3

I desoldered the switch from the PCB to make it easier for me to test. I soldered on some pins for easy access. Here are some details;

I used a micro switch as a proof of concept. Don't mind my shitty attempt at transforming with a micro switch lol...

next is to find a fader I can gut for modding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9Yjt16-uQ&feature=youtu.be

Nice and just like that the Tables Turn, look mah no lag :-)Glad I could be of some help.

One Step closer to the FF v1.0 being installed.

• Like 2

Wussup guys! Been reading a lot of these post y'all been sharing and I just wanted to say you guys are awesome! I don't have a pt01 yet but I will this weekend and have a raiden fader on the way.. I've had my 1200 mk2's for nearly 2 decades (most of high school and college) but I would say the last 10 years they've been very neglected Anyhow, can't wait to start some modding!! Somewhere I saw somebody mounted their raiden or some other pf inside their 01 but I can't find the link... anyone know what I'm talking about or where I can find it?

Here's progress on my contactless fader. This is a proof of concept, I'm currently working on a more reproducible solution. The magnet is held on to the carriage with 3m permanent double sided tape. Makes for adjusting the magnets position pretty easy. The magnet is placed off center because the reed switch was more sensitive from that position. My next solution will be more permanent but adjustable. I also have a few other reed switch models with different AT ranges so I can get a better idea of what range works best for this application.

• Like 5

Here's progress on my contactless fader. This is a proof of concept, I'm currently working on a more reproducible solution. The magnet is held on to the carriage with 3m permanent double sided tape. Makes for adjusting the magnets position pretty easy. The magnet is placed off center because the reed switch was more sensitive from that position. My next solution will be more permanent but adjustable. I also have a few other reed switch models with different AT ranges so I can get a better idea of what range works best.

That's sounds pretty clean. I thought of making a fader using reed switches when I first got my handy trax years ago. Decided to just chill with the mods because I was my case was starting to have Hella unused holes from trying different stuff lol.

But I might try that on my pt01. Maybe cut the rails and shorten the fader to fit it to the scratch switch plate to make it a drop in fader like jesse dean is doin.

If you haven't checked it out yet...

https://youtu.be/l3XfdGInQGc

Edited by iLLer-B

That's sounds pretty clean. I thought of making a fader using reed switches when I first got my handy trax years ago. Decided to just chill with the mods because I was my case was starting to have Hella unused holes from trying different stuff lol.

But I might try that on my pt01. Maybe cut the rails and shorten the fader to fit it to the scratch switch plate to make it a drop in fader like jesse dean is doin.

If you haven't checked it out yet...

https://youtu.be/l3XfdGInQGc

Yup, that is the goal. I working on the design right now for the PT01 direct drop in.

I just finished making these and am almost ready to ship. Its an adjustment plate for the scratch switch so you can get really sharp cuts.

• Like 2

Nice! I need that adjustment plate baaad.

My lag adjustment is a strip of a laminated card I cut and a couple of layers of masking tape for a tad more height. I tucked it under the fader cap on the cut side so it prevents it from from goin all the way. I adjust the lag by raising and lowering the fader cap slightly.

It's hood but it works really well. If I had to keep making adjustments and toying with the lag I probably would have found a better solution but it cuts where i want with no fiddling.

Really I just want a cheap but buttery drop in solution but Ill kop an adjustment plate from you man... good work.

Your switch cuts super sharp compared to mine. I think my switch is faulty because theres a noticable curve. Volume fades slightly before it cuts. It sucks.

Edited by iLLer-B

I guess if you have plenty of disposable income then it's not a big deal to buy an expensive fader when there are other options.

You still have to cut a large slot to make it work, that's not being mentioned.

The thought didn't cross my mind that some of you have some serious cash to spend. In the spirit of tinkering and keeping things as low cost and efficient as possible to allow room for more R&D or buying more toys, I prefer the minimalist approach.

For those of you on a tight budget you can spend your money on that MP3 Module and other Mods plus have Sharp Cut Fader.

The Mod Squad Group is up for 2017 on Facebook and one of the Scratch Homies Matt Smith found a module that will work

of the shelf for under $5.00 Plug and Play...DIY Contactless Fader, he added it to the Stanton Focus/OS2 (Micro Focus Fader)

it's one of my little secrets, I was waiting after NAMM but he let the cat out of the bag sooo look into it if it peak your interest. Other things are bubbling too..

The rule of the group is to credit the source and group, so I have done that here.

Only sharing here to keep the DIY Fader Momentum going, to save you money so you can buy a FX Pedal for Modding or other gadgets.

The Innofader monopoly is done and over with, if it's your preference coo use it but imho, it slowed down and stagnated innovation in the scratch arts once it leveled off...It only matters if you are into the cultural aspect though....

Next up is the FX Pedals and different accessories to compliment the cuts...2017 Let's Gooo....

Edited by Focus
  • Like 1

No disrespect, but that is just a ton of words and nothing more, a lot of people have no interest in Facebook, if you have a product, tell us, if you know of a product, tell us.

I see this that and the other about fitting a Focus fader (Which you know i still love) but there are no instructions or kits or anything, and i agree, the Inno for £100 is madness.

• Like 1

some people do have facebook noodle can you link us to the mod squad group focus I tried a search but to much comes up

I'm not sure what your hating on here noodle the fact that people are spending money on doing something that interests them
I'm confused who cares if people want to put in faders that cost more than the deck thats on them

the RXI f1 costs more than a deck atleast for me in Australia whats the difference if you want to find a cheap way find a cheap way if you have a little bit of money to burn go for it

No disrespect, but that is just a ton of words and nothing more, a lot of people have no interest in Facebook, if you have a product, tell us, if you know of a product, tell us.

I see this that and the other about fitting a Focus fader (Which you know i still love) but there are no instructions or kits or anything, and i agree, the Inno for £100 is madness.

I agree with Flexinoodle. Alot people dont have facebook me included. No disrespect to Focus i know your a OG in the fader game but

If you are trying to help the scratch community on evoling with the portablism thing shouldnt you be tinkering around with your focus fader to work with the pt01 or any portable turntable?

If you got something that works and is cheaper show us instead of keeping all top secret.

• Like 2

It's all Fresh I didn't feel disrespected it's your opinion. I think if you had a Facebook you'd see what I've been doing, lots of behind the scenes too.

Example, Evil98 gave me a link to those Pro Xs on Ebay over PM recently, that's one of my homies selling those, I pointed my friend in the right direction so even in those small ways,things are coming full circle. I was hooking nerds up for mods awhile ago before that too...

If you think I am advising people not to spend money on something they love then you misunderstand. Do you love the Scratching and culture or is it the Innofader brand, if you can afford the Innofader and an FX Pedal it's not an issue it doesn't apply to you.

It is intended for those that want a sharp cut for Scratching whether it's homemade or modded and have some funds left to get all the other mods out there or do more experimentation.

Somehow, somewhere along the way everyone got Hypnotized into thinking it's the only fader to use, ridiculous. :-)

I was being vague so as to not take too much attention away from this forum and stick to the rules within the group.

You asked so here is the link. As far as accusing me of keeping ish to myself and not sharing, that's some clueless ish and shows you know nothing about me or haven't been paying attention. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1825412961067543/

Remove the Innofader and Focus Fader from the equation and you still have, The Rane Fader,Ecler,Vestax,Numark,Galileo and a few others that are Contactless that can also be modded.

You see where there was stagnation? :-).

Cut the Rails of the Rane Fader, make it Micro and you have a beast for cutting...

There is a bunch of broken ones out there to play with...

Oh, but you love the feel of the Innofader? Find the Bourns Slide Potentiomter for $5.00 and use that as the base. It's made by the same company...

This is all old info I've already covered before blah.

In regards too shouldn't I be working onnnn...etc...Had a Long post for it but blah...

Those of you that understood the spirit of the post, coo, those that didn't coo too...Let's keep it flowing.

Edited by Focus
  • Like 2

Again, all no use to me, I dont use Facebook anymore and dont intend to go back, if you send me the details i will put up a page covering whatever mods are needed to get a Focus fader in to the PT01

As for hating, while i despise that particular poorly thought out slang term anyway, I far from Hate anything from Focus, he knows that, shit i buy every mixer i can find with a Focus fader in it !!

• Like 1