Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

There are 3 conductors: left, right, and ground.. 1 jack would feed audio to the fader from the Bluetooth module and the other two are for in/out on the fader. Im trying to narrow down the best place to connect them to the 01... do you think splicing into the big ribbon or connecting on the c8 & c18?

I'd connect them after C8/C18 since the raiden will want an AC-coupled signal. So yeah splicing into the cable would be fine.

And in the end, could I plug in headphones in the headphone jack and still hear everything?

Yes.

also would I just join the grounds from all the jacks and ground them to a grounding point on the case?

Not on the case no, either take ground from the power supply or somewhere on the main board.

I don't understand why it's not working.... Does the earphone jack have a different signal from the main board ribbon? I also tried wiring into the c8&c18.. That actually gave sound but the fader kept popping, so I went back to the ribbon cable and still nothing.. Even tried rearranging the aux cords...

Can anyone tell where i can solder the wires from the bluetooth decoder boards audio-out to(Numark PT01 USB(NOT the scratch version)?Cut the wires from TE8 and just solder it in between?Resistors or anything needed(its both line signal so i don't think so)?

Yes you'll need resistors. You're mixing the signal so just connecting the two outputs together could damage them.I posted one potential solution earlier in the thread -

Is this for wiring in a fader or auxiliary port?or both simultaneously?

Guest rasteri

I don't understand why it's not working.... Does the earphone jack have a different signal from the main board ribbon? I also tried wiring into the c8&c18.. That actually gave sound but the fader kept popping, so I went back to the ribbon cable and still nothing.. Even tried rearranging the aux cords...

Does the fader pop worse when you wire it into c8/c18 than when you wire it externally?

Does the fader pop worse when you wire it into c8/c18 than when you wire it externally?

You're right, I was to the point of exhaustiOn and felt crazy defeated earlier :( I'm sorry,..

@rasteri Is there anyway to split the needle signal post fader on the pt01 scratch? Thanks.

Also finished up my ultrapitch. Haven't measured the speed reduction yet but you get the point.

Edited by evil98
  • Like 3

@rasteri Been listening to your advice for a long time and you have always been a help.

Question for you and other forum members....

I'd like your opinion on the Mini innofader vs the Jesse Dean fader he is dropping for the PT01 scratch.

Is the mini innofader that much better for precise sharp cuts?

I have a Rane 57 that i love the fader on, but the raiden fader on my portables just isn't near the same.

Thank again for your time all.

Edited by 74excrl

Hello my friend, could you send the 3D layout for printing the housing to innofader mini?

Speaking of mini Innofaders. I've been working on a fader housing for the PT01 scratch. This is a test print using the mini Innofader. Need to make some adjustments to the design but its close.

Also did a selectable ultra pitch, toggling between the original trimmer pot for 33.3 and a 1k trimmer pot.

Hello my friend, could you send the 3D layout for printing the housing to innofader mini?

Edited by dynai79

Rasteri thanx helping me see outside the box.. I've been racking my brain so hard on trying to get this the way I want it..more internally than externally..figured I'd just pull all my wires in the case itself..

https://instagram.com/p/BQOcQn3BQlA

It works but I think the record signal is trying to compete with the decoder signal... when I cut the fader on, the audio music seems to slightly drop.. not considerably, but enough to notice..

Has anyone tried to add a volume fader on the PT01 that would override the current volume knob? I had an idea to add one just above the cross fader switch. Here is an image to show what I mean. I haven't opened mine up to even see if the placement of this is even possible.

numark_volume_fader_concept.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone tried to add a volume fader on the PT01 that would override the current volume knob? I had an idea to add one just above the cross fader switch. Here is an image to show what I mean. I haven't opened mine up to even see if the placement of this is even possible.

numark_volume_fader_concept.jpg

this.

Speaking of mini Innofaders. I've been working on a fader housing for the PT01 scratch. This is a test print using the mini Innofader. Need to make some adjustments to the design but its close.

Hello, It is currently not available for download. Maybe down the road but not at the moment.

Here is what the final version looks like though.

this.

you could definitely mount a pot there, but I'm not 100% sure what the best way to go about is. I would probably remove the existing pot from the PCB and extend wires to from the PCB to the new pot.

Guest rasteri

you could definitely mount a pot there, but I'm not 100% sure what the best way to go about is. I would probably remove the existing pot from the PCB and extend wires to from the PCB to the new pot.

Yeah that's probably the way to do it

Will a 9.6 battery pack (ni-mh rc car type)be too much voltage to use in the 01 connecting through the battery leads?

Thats fine, the voltage regulator can handle up to 18v.

http://www.beatshelter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/pic1_PT01_regulator.png

Is it better to solder directly to this piece, to the actual battery lead? I also see some people using 12v batteries.. I can make either or battery pack...

Will a 9.6 battery pack (ni-mh rc car type)be too much voltage to use in the 01 connecting through the battery leads?

Thats fine, the voltage regulator can handle up to 18v.

http://www.beatshelter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/pic1_PT01_regulator.png

Is it better to solder directly to this piece, to the actual battery lead? I also see some people using 12v batteries.. I can make either or battery pack...

I used the battery leads. Whatever is easier for you