Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

@djlogix

does your Bluetooth device have ground loop noise?

I don't want to say it doesn't need one because I haven't tested it on a Car, it probably be a good idea to have but with the wall AC and batteries is OK

It does not, all test with all devices is dead silince

It might just be the step down transformer i'm using that is causing all the noise. I'll look into find a unit that can use 12v to test.

Hello ,

I use this https://www.amazon.de/Wuiyepo-Bluetooth-Decoder-Board-Wireless/dp/B01CJI1Q58/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1480597944&sr=8-7&keywords=MP3+Decoder

and have the noise too.

if you have wired up your mp3 decoder via djlogix method I would suggest not using the usb board

the board is shit and creates alot of interference which might be where your noise is coming from

if your not going to use the usb feature on the pt-01 then remove it completely and all its wires as discussed earlier in the thread

there are other ways you could wire it up I did mine today for anyone with a nanofader board I just gripped power straight from the nanofader

just wire your power in from your nanofader board straight to the power in for the mp3 decoder and then sent the sound straight into the aux in on the nanofader

I have no noise at all with it wired like this it sounds great

thanks logix for the awesome idea its a great mod

this is the decoder I used

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361597249402?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Djmadhatter

hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed....

has anyone put a pro x into the pt01 the pt01 scratch or a handytrax?

i have a pt01 and a handytrax but i'm thinkin of gettin a scratch one too.

and i have 3 of those 3 cheap pro x's lyin around

hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed....

has anyone put a pro x into the pt01 the pt01 scratch or a handytrax?

i have a pt01 and a handytrax but i'm thinkin of gettin a scratch one too.

and i have 3 of those 3 cheap pro x's lyin around

You'll want to check this out

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=38822

• Like 1

Ideas on getting a PT-01 Scratch to be able to natively handle DVS? Maybe using the preamp mod going around to hijack the input/output of the pyle preamp and add some RCA inputs/outputs to the turntable to connect to a DVS box then return the signal into the numark to be able to be cut by the fader?

I think it could be useful directly use in junction with djplayer/cross or even PiDeck to keep it portable...

So in that way it will worth the penny integrate the soundcard (something like the ufo202 modded for dvs use) and that's it.

If you are planning use it with laptop then for traktor there is hex hack and for Serato I haven't any idea if it's possible to hack it now for use with non Rane hardware but I will go for Akai amx + dvs pack and forget about any extra mod...

I think it could be useful directly use in junction with djplayer/cross or even PiDeck to keep it portable...

So in that way it will worth the penny integrate the soundcard (something like the ufo202 modded for dvs use) and that's it.

If you are planning use it with laptop then for traktor there is hex hack and for Serato I haven't any idea if it's possible to hack it now for use with non Rane hardware but I will go for Akai amx + dvs pack and forget about any extra mod...

just as a fyi, I was never able to adjust the mini innofader to have less lag then 1.5mm. I went back and forward with Elliot for some time with this issue and we never resolved it.

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

Apparently Elliot is releasing a mini innofader next year that has much better response and lag. Also remember there is plenty of space for an inno pro/PNP inside the PT-01scratch if you're willing to dremel out a slot.

• Like 2

My pt01 speed flutters all over the place. It's especially noticable when i try it with an ipad dvs solution. I've tested my 1200's on the ipad dvs and the pt01 in traktor and it's def the pt01.

I'm gonna try changing the belt (fucking impossible to find one for the pt01. The crosley 800 belt or whatnot made it even worse, so i changed it back.)

Anyone got any ideas what to do with the flutter problem? The pitch is off too, the default position is like +3 or some dumb shit

Not sure what may have gone wrong/what to do about your pitch/flutter problems, but if you're looking for a replacement belt try the Skipless Bracelet from Flesh One; http://www.beatshelter.com/?product=skipless-bracelet . Seems to do the trick of replacement if the original comes loose with the bonus of providing extra torque.

• Like 1

Apparently Elliot is releasing a mini innofader next year that has much better response and lag. Also remember there is plenty of space for an inno pro/PNP inside the PT-01scratch if you're willing to dremel out a slot.

mini inno plus, out in february apparently, will be plug n play with the pt01 scratch.

• Like 1

can anyone confirm if you do the m447+tonearm mod that it reduces the noise coming from the needle?

I find I cant use the portable silently (especially via dvs) in a room with guests because so much noise comes from the actual numark needle. you can hear the samples or the long ass control tone..

this may be a selling point if I decide to go this mod route or not...

This is my test of the Innofader Pro on my PT01 Scratch.

To get a green light on the test board you need to:

1.- Swap PIN 1 (Yellow) and PIN 4

2.- Remove PIN 2

Edit 11/3/2016:

Thanks to Rasteri here's a corrected pin-out to eliminate a distortion when Innofader Pro was fully open and full volume at cut-in, please follow this new method.

Also this only applies to the Innofader Pro, stay tuned for Mini Innofader, Innofader PNP and Innofader Pro 2

Innofader – PT01 Scratch

PIN 1 = PIN 2

PIN 2 = Empty

PIN 3 = PIN 3

PIN 4 = PIN 1

Remove “X/Y Select” jumper

Is this correct? Going to make a wire once confirmed. Thanks

• Like 2

Guest rasteri

No when djlogix says pins 1-4 of the innofader he means pins 1-4 of the 4-pin adapter board that comes with the innofader pro. If you have an original innofader you'll have to figure that part out for yourself I guess.

Guest rasteri

hmmm any idea if that would work with the original innofader PNP? It had testing on board, not on an external board

I don't think you can set the correct curve on a PNP - it needs to be an inverse curve, I.e. have max volume when the fader is closed and min volume when it's open. Only the original inno/Pro/Pro2 can do that.

EDIT : Although maybe if you turned the lag on the PNP up to max it might work, I dunno I don't have one to test.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wsup everyone, I've been been silently a regular visitor of this forum for awhile but especially now with this thread. The shit you guys are doing for the portable scene is dope. Much respect.

I just got my pt01 scratch and decoder board yesterday but haven't cracked open the deck yet.

I was just wondering if there's a reason why nobody mounts the decoder to the top of the deck? Maybe the layout inside the turntable won't allow for it? It'd be pretty sick to have the face mounted to top instead of the side.

Edited by iLLer-B

Wsup everyone, I've been been silently a regular visitor of this forum for awhile but especially now with this thread. The shit you guys are doing for the portable scene is dope. Much respect.

I just got my pt01 scratch and decoder board yesterday but haven't cracked open the deck yet.

I was just wondering if there's a reason why nobody mounts the decoder to the top of the deck? Maybe the layout inside the turntable won't allow for it? It'd be pretty sick to have the face mounted to top instead of the side.

yeah it's a bit crowded on the inside but i'm sure if you really wanted to do it you could by grinding out some of the plastic wherever you decide to place it (avoiding PCB's and all that of course)

thats correct I was considering trying to put mine on the top to have it in view

but theres not really enough room with that sad it would probably be possible depending on what mods you've done

I definitely didnt have the room with everything else thats already in there

• Like 1

Finally got some time to test the original innofader. Here are my findings.

Lots of audible noise from the fader. With headphones and the gain all the way down you can hear quiet a bit of noise while moving the fader around. Also when the fader is in the closed position there is a loud click. The cut lag measures about 1.22mm at the sharpest setting.

This is how I wired it.

Heres a video

If anyone could help me any of these issues that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 2