Super Scratch Sunday March/April 2013

Jimmy

some good untapped cottage from previous sessions...

Who was cottaging in the toilets?

Is that what that was? I thought the flesh coloured soap dispensers poking out the cubicle walls were a little suspect.

Update:

The hard drive Paul has, has only got a bit of the footage on it...

But the rest of it has been uploaded and is ready to go on the hard drive as soon as Paul takes it round to the other Paul to do so

Hmmm sounds like bollocks to me, I believe it when its with in my sweaty hands

Symatic, on 12 Mar 2013 - 11:50, said:

i'd also suggest laying down the law regarding what the little red lights mean on mixers- last time was distorted as fuck even after we spent ages getting levels right! and it meant that when we recorded it, it all sounds shite.

The first few in Rye I basically spent the day turning levels on the master mixer down to compensate for the snowballing effect of one person coming in louder and so on, net result the audio levels in the recorded video went a bit silly. So the last time we hosted I was proper militant about keeping on top of peoples gains and the resulting footage only had a few times where people were a tad bit louder (think I was outside eating burgers), not to shabby considering there was 7 hours of video. Only down side then was the lack of lower frequencies in the mix. Soooo recently we've been having conversations with a badass producer friend about how we can use Logic to record every setup individually, we need to book the cameras for the next session and hopefully we may have a dedicated sound guy for the day as well, If not for this one it'll happen at another Rye SSS.

Collectively we should keep on top of the levels tho, sometimes it's unavoidable and mistakes happen. But either way I'll try make adjustments as we go.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

You should come down on the 24th if that's the session that matt can to do, too. Then we can bro' out and have a big bro' down mini scratch sunday bro sesh.

As long as that's cool with you guys, matt and ed. That would be perfect. And as long as kut class doesn't mind a bunch of guys getting really high and rocking mad cuts and beats. Or being called a bro.

• Like 1

Im not sure that'll work in the rye studio as depending on where you stand it can be very bass heavy or the opposite, the side effect of 8 speakers in the room, unsurprisingly the sweet spot is where my set up is, bloody perfect right there .

Personally I'm against adding low to scratching, hand rumble sounds pony. The aux send on the master mixer is the culprit for taking the lows out of the mix, wouldn't post recording adjustments be the easiest solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy. SSS made an appearance in my dream. It was in a HUGE loft. When everyone arrived and it was time to set the gear up there were like hundreds of people all vying for space around this massive table. There were these two dudes set up at one end getting ready for projections. Everyone was stalking me for an old SSS shirt that i had gotten from Sy. Really...... that was a mega lame SSS dream, i'd have expected spiderman to make an appearance or something........ total real world type o dream.

As anyone who's been down to ours for SSS before will know, I usually do a BBQ so there's more time spent cutting and not roaming the streets looking for food.

This Sunday will be no different - the way it works for anyone who's not been before... We all chip in a fiver each for meat, bread, charcoal, sauces, etc and I'll cook for you. Nothing fancy but its worked well in the past.

What I need is some kind of idea on numbers so I can buy the food on Saturday...

If you know for sure wether you are coming or not, please let me know in the comments ASAP so I can make a sensible guesstimate on numbers.

Obviously if anyone's coming and isn't interested in participating, that's fine... if you could let me know before, that would be better still.

Thanks.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Burgers!! I'm there for defs.

I found Darcy's dream heartwarming. I used to have dreams like that when i was a kid and christmas or my birthday was coming up. Though why i was dreaming of SSS then is another question all together.

• Like 1