Super Scratch Sunday March/April 2013

Jimmy

Facebook invite - http://www.facebook.com/events/441430415931077/

(copy and paste job)

With the 2nd Birthday feeling like a long time ago already, its definitely time to progress & get ready for another session.
As great as the London studio was last time around, and we will be back, this time round we're going back to SSS's home of Rye.

To the regulars, you know how it works and what to do. If any new heads fancy it, feel free to ask any questions or check out the website -www.superscratchsunday.com

My contact number is as always 07761208721 should anyone need it, alternatively hit me up thru Facebook.

Sunday the 7th of April,

Time: Midday,

Unit 3
Rother Iron Works
Fishmarket Road
Rye
East Sussex
TN31 7LR

We're doing posters again from now on, so if anyone is coming and wants their name on the poster, let me know in the next few days and i'll make a note.

The ahhh and fresh i can handle, it's the never ending circle of 10 seconds each that gets lame. Band stuff sounds awesome, and giving people a minute or so to cut it up fresh is always nice too, it gives them a chance to get into a flow.

If i called you that it would be cos of your cuts rather than the length. It was a compliment you bell!

I just remember last time we tried to put some 'guidelines' in place people just did their thing regardless, and its all good, i dont mind what goes down as long as people have a good time.

But it seems there are things people would like included which sometimes get overlooked, so please if thats the case just say something when we're all down there and we can extend the bars or start up scratch band, or do some schooling, whichever. And lets just all bare in mind its for the good of the overall session.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

i'd also suggest laying down the law regarding what the little red lights mean on mixers- last time was distorted as fuck even after we spent ages getting levels right! and it meant that when we recorded it, it all sounds shite.

If we had some decent audio recording, i would be well up for cutting together peoples footage and making a nice little promo vid - we've been going a while now and still don't have a good vid (not to diss the vids russ and so on have been putting up - it would just be cool to have an edited, multi cam, proper sound type thing with a mix of angles etc)

im thinkin along the lines of the b4b vids....

sorry to sound all preachy - i just wanna make the most of it!

• Like 1

There's no chance of distorting it at ours like it was in London... It's set up to avoid such things even if fools run their mixers too hard.

Also, we've said it so many times before I'm almost embarrassed to mention it but there is still some good untapped cottage from previous sessions... Paul's got the first few tapes worth but there's lots more waiting to be logged.

If anybody out there can deal with the digital tapes, we could cut the laborious waiting for footage to logged procedure out completely.

Also, maybe it's time for people to start filming other footage independently with the aim of compiling and releasing it under the SSS name?

nice one lads. Admittedly media is not my forte, and something we havent pursued, so yeh any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are things happening in the background at the moment, but yeh a clean and official video would go a long way. It hasnt been forgotten, just maybe not prioritised enough.

Just heard back from the video guy with absolutely no info on what type of tapes they were.

What he did say though as that he gave Paul a hard drive two weeks ago with all the past footage on it?!?!

I've heard nothing of this so can only assume that Paul's been using it as his private wank video for the last fortnight...