Rane Mixers?

pittster

I just got out of the thred about the stanton sa-5, but what about Rane? Do they make better mixers than Vestax? If so, what are the best ones to get for scratching?

I am a vynle user so give me the down low.

I just got out of the thred about the stanton sa-5, but what about Rane? Do they make better mixers than Vestax? If so, what are the best ones to get for scratching?

I am a vynle user so give me the down low.

Rane mixers are terrible.

Build quality is crap, sound quality - the same, and the faders are dodgy at best. </sarcasm>

For reals - they are coo. There are many alternatives to using a Empath/ TTM 56/ 57SL today - you should try before you buy!

ibve got an empath and the xfader is great for cutting (as well as the 2 outer upfaders).

eqs are really nice to use as well although im not sure if the dry/wet pan does much (seems only to lower the sound without doing much else). Theres an auto sound level which is not worth having.

all in all money well spent as the quality of the eqs/faders/build is 2nd to none

If you seriously looking for one ask xander for a price as ive found him to be the best (even with living in uk and tax being added on)

The TTM 56 is one of the greatest mixers out there. I'm not up to date about the Rodec Scratchbox, Ecler HAK 380 and the Vestax PMC 08 but the Rane is the first mixer where I didn't have the feel I'm missing out on something important.

• 2 weeks later...

haha. As an owner of the Vestax PMC-05ProII and the Rane TTM56, I would definitely go with the Rane any day. The Rane is better in every department except for the upfader curve, I can make the PMC's much sharper while the Rane's sharpest is still pretty damn linear. Otherwise, if you can think of something on a PMC you like, the Rane beats it.

Well I had a rane56 for over 4 years and they are well built and sound quality is real good... but

When I got my 08 my scratching and my enjoyment of djing as a whole improved. The x and up faders have better curves and there’s one or two more options when it comes to send/returns.

They are two different mixers so your always have people likening one over the other.

Theres so many threads on here about the rane... just do a search. your see I list about 5 problems with it...

If you can - go into a shop and have a go on them both.

FUCK A RANE, FUCK A VESTAX, BUY A SCRATCHBOX!!!

Seriously though...I just got my scratchbox delivered yesterday...this thin is amazing. I've said the same thing lots of different threads: The rane is a great mixer, just a bit boring IMO. It's not as interesting...it's jsut a cuttingmachine/tank. BUT most definetely worth the money. Dunno why everyone hate's on vestax though, I've used the smae PMC-05II for 10 years...and replaced the fader 4-5yrs ago with a PNG. However it was time for my baby to leave the decks and be replaced by my new, sexy, awesome, fucking amazing Scratchbox.

In all honesty...I haven't tried it yet, because I need to have the power-cable rebuilt, cuz those belgium-plugs don't match with the swissies...But the feeling "fresh out the box" (OH MY GOD THE FADERS) is just fucking amazing...this thing is quality. BUt yes I am now very poor...

pee.z

Seriously though...I just got my scratchbox delivered yesterday...this thin is amazing. I've said the same thing lots of different threads: The rane is a great mixer, just a bit boring IMO. It's not as interesting...it's jsut a cuttingmachine/tank. BUT most definetely worth the money. Dunno why everyone hate's on vestax though, I've used the smae PMC-05II for 10 years...and replaced the fader 4-5yrs ago with a PNG. However it was time for my baby to leave the decks and be replaced by my new, sexy, awesome, fucking amazing Scratchbox.

In all honesty...I haven't tried it yet, because I need to have the power-cable rebuilt, cuz those belgium-plugs don't match with the swissies...But the feeling "fresh out the box" (OH MY GOD THE FADERS) is just fucking amazing...this thing is quality. BUt yes I am now very poor...

pee.z

fukin ell might get one of them if hes that excited about it and not even tried it yet haha

pee.z

fukin ell might get one of them if hes that excited about it and not even tried it yet haha

GO FOR IT BRO!!! Haha, man you know what it's like when you got new equipment standing around...You're excited as hell about it...Wait for the post: I still can't scratch...then I'll have calmed down again.

pee.z

This is sooooo subjective that you should really try both out... but I dislike the feel of a rane crossfader and think they are over-priced. I like the feel of a ves fader as far as cut-in but like it pretty loose--almost as loose as a focus fader, so I really, really liked it once I put in a pro x...

So I guess that could be an option--> buy the rane for the sound quality and build and just drop in a pro x...

...or buy an audio innovate for $400 and it already has the pro x in it... don't know what the sound quality is like tho, but looks like it would be fun at the least... Thought about a HAK??? I've always wanted to try one....

Guest loop skywalker

i sold my old technics mixer and my vestax 06 to get a rane (as well as a cd deck and a bunch of dmc vids) I was impressed with the rane but soon thought...why have i spent all this cash on a mixer>?????Its just a mixer........so i sold my rane to buy an ecler hak 360...that was a real dope mixer..the eternal fader was excellent...then i thought...again why have i got a top end mixer..i need to be practicing on shite mixers so when i do get on a decent mixer i should be able to rock any mixer...so i bought a technics....the tech cost me 150 brand new and i love it..does everything i need it to..fader is sharp..you dont fuck about with curves and shit..to be honest who really needs a curve adjustment..we all want the fucker sharp right????

Save ya money ..buy a shite mixer and just spend the rest on dope records.

Well I had a rane56 for over 4 years

And that didn break it, i still use that mixer on a daily basis. With a little cleaning it feels like a one. The build quality is incredible!

there you go.. ^^^^ I smashed it for time and took it on tours and all round europe and then sold it to mono. Its still working 100% fine.

I know my 08 might fall apart but I just enjoy cutting on it more than the 56.

i sold my old technics mixer and my vestax 06 to get a rane (as well as a cd deck and a bunch of dmc vids) I was impressed with the rane but soon thought...why have i spent all this cash on a mixer>?????Its just a mixer........so i sold my rane to buy an ecler hak 360...that was a real dope mixer..the eternal fader was excellent...then i thought...again why have i got a top end mixer..i need to be practicing on shite mixers so when i do get on a decent mixer i should be able to rock any mixer...so i bought a technics....the tech cost me 150 brand new and i love it..does everything i need it to..fader is sharp..you dont fuck about with curves and shit..to be honest who really needs a curve adjustment..we all want the fucker sharp right????

Save ya money ..buy a shite mixer and just spend the rest on dope records.

yer Silkkuts has got a few Eclers and I have to say they have got the best stock fader I have ever played on. so smooth. Well worth the money...

I love my TTM 56. I like the TTM 56's faders. Those faders are so damn smooth to me. Actually, mine were stiff for a bit, but after lubing up the faders, damn. Like everyone says, I don't like the curveness of the upfaders. But otherwise, that's pretty much the only gripe I have. I have yet to try out the PMC-08, Scratchbox, and Ecler Haks, but I aim to.