THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

Hi everyone...

I'm Patch - anyone that posts on DJTT or ALDJ will probably recognise me! DJ'd for over 10 years, mostly Hip-Hop, but some Breakbeat and Drum and Bass. Just came across this site after visiting x2k (The Scratchers Journal) for some Beat Juggling tips.

Cheers,

-Pat.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Soren. Originally from Denmark, but now living in London. I started scratching about 10 years ago, but lost interest quickly because I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere or developing at all. Didn't have any Internet back then for tutorials, my mixer was utter crap, and I couldn't figure out how people did all those crazy things so I ended up selling my decks about 2 years after I bought them.

I missed them ever since though, and picked up a pair of Techs again about 2 years ago. It's so much easier to learn the techniques nowadays with all the video tutorials and forums etc., and I also got a proper scratch mixer this time around. Been practicing like mad the last 2 years and I'm constantly developing now, which is definitely adding to the fun factor :) . I also mix the odd time, and play a few small gigs here and there, but most of my time is spent cutting it up :). I'm pure vinyl for the time being, but I'm strongly considering going digital and getting a DVS. I love vinyl, but it's getting hard/expensive to find what you want, so i figured I'd get the best of both worlds.

I'm glad I found this place. Seems like a great forum with a lot of fellow scratch nerds. :)

See you all around!

Soren

but now living in London.

Do you hapen to be into docking at all?

Only joking. If you fancy it a few of us will be at the Kenton in Hackney on Friday night. Two of us will be DJing.

Haha! :((

Hmm. Yeah why not. I live really close to Hackney so might as well pop by. :)

welcome man,

yeh me, dooban, mattnice and doppelkorn will be in the kenton.

i live in Dalston, which is next to hackney, so if u feel like having a cut with someone else gimme a shout.

dj wise you sound abit like me, i mainly just cut all the time, but when the mood takes me i'll have a mix. so you should fit right in.

I've just had my suspicions raised that this is someone just looking for a free invite to a pub. His back story might not add up.

Soren if you really are Danish what is the danish word for:

skateboard

salt

under

flag

Q-Bert

I'm not convinced until you answer me.

I've just had my suspicions raised that this is someone just looking for a free invite to a pub. His back story might not add up.

skateboard

salt

under

flag

Q-Bert

dopp, not everyone is a pathological liar like you are

• Like 1

skateboard

salt

under

flag

Q-Bert

Haha damn now you'll never believe me! Those are all the exact same in Danish! :p Salt, under, and flag would just be pronounced differently. I'll bring my passport to the pub ok! ;)

@Cambian: That sounds great! I'm in Mile End so not too far. I'd definitely be up for a session!

And thanks for the warm welcome Steve and everyone else!

Edited by Soren

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys!

I am James from Canada. Become DV member just recently because I saw Steve's post on DJforum!!

I am still in university and now is exam period... which sucks badly.

Welcome to the board man! You got in in the end then. ;)

• 3 weeks later...