THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

im jopa. i dj, read books, play videogames, and watch tvs. actually i cant really say i dj since i havent played out in a few years, so i guess i make mixes. sometimes theyre even worth listening to. i have taken a new shift at work which leaves me with lots of time for internet holliganism. feel free to drop me a line and/or check out www.rabidvinylmonks.com

Sup! My name is Scott...live in the US in Florida & I have a serious addiction the S_C_R_A_T_C_H

Also I have a Reeftank, koi pond, & freshwater tank to lower the heart rate )

Also also like garage sales! --jk )

Sup! My name is Scott...live in the US in Florida & I have a serious addiction the S_C_R_A_T_C_H

Also I have a Reeftank, koi pond, & freshwater tank to lower the heart rate )

Also also like garage sales! --jk )

Welcome!

You can tell us about your fish one day

ayup folks, sorry about not introducing myself straight away. im john 32 from sheffield uk . been scatching and djing for approx 17 years as a hobby and still love it, this sites given me a new lease of life though on the 1s and 2s so thanks for keeping it locked here peeps! hoping that i can do my bit also :)

• 3 weeks later...

Alright there everyone. My name's Jamie; I discovered this forum from Sigma's (Steve?) posts on the djforums website.

I'm 34, almost 35. Married with a daughter aged 6 and a son aged 2. We live in Leeds, UK.

My wife and I have been together since we were kids and I got into DJing when we and my brother went halves on a pair of KAM belt drives when we were at University. When I finished Uni, the decks and records stayed with my brother while I moved in with the missus and set about getting a job and building a 'real life' and the vinyl hasn't had much use since then. That was nearly 14 years ago (f*ck me, I feel old when I say that!)

A few months ago me and the missus were having a few beers in the house and a bit of a chat (those of you with ankle-biters will know that's the substitute for a night out!) and she was telling me how good I used to be on the 1s and 2s.... I think she was after a bit of extra house money or something!... Anyway that got me thinking and a week or two later I was driving back from the house of an unsold ebay auction with a pair of 1210s and a Citronic Pro-10 mixer in the boot of the car. I was really lucky; I got them cheap and they're near mint. I got all the records over to mine and set about cleaning them, getting back in the swing and learning some more techniques. I'm buzzing to have the decks and have been mixing up a storm on the weekends!

I like old hardcore from 91-93, house from 92-94, piano stuff, jungle from when hardcore split into happy hardcore/jungle etc in ~93 up to about 96, trance, various techno from your intelligent stuff circa 95 through to DJ Producer, Scorpio and all that... quite an eclectic mix! We used to go to the Gallery in Leeds all the time. We also went to the Arks and Life at Bowlers quite a bit, the Empire at Morecombe, Zone in Blackpool. We also went to DieHard in Leicester a couple of times to check out the gabba and industrial stuff in the cellar there. Did anyone else ever go to any of those clubs?

I'm teaching myself to scratch when I get the time inbetween work and the kids. That's how I happened upon the djforums site and then here. I used to love hearing Nipper and DJ Sy ripping it up in the clubs and hope to be at that sort of level within a year or two.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on enough. Cheers!

Welcome to the site Jamie. That's how an introduction should be done, haha.

What name do you use on DJF? The same one as here?

Yes mate, same name. Though I haven't posted on there yet. There are some guys on that turntablism forum who can scratch... proper.

With me having the belt drives and cheap sh*t needles scratching was never on for me before but now I've got the 1210s and a pair of Numark CS1s I have no excuses! (before anyone mentions them, I tried Ortofons and wasn't impressed with the sound quality next to the numark). I'm picking things up fairly quickly but the limiting factor is free time. I'll get there.

Edited by Greenback

• 1 month later...

Yo! i've been perving around here for a couple of months and thought I'd say hi!

Heard about this place through the Skratchworx/lounge forum and I've been learning to skratch for about 3 years.

Good to see you on here Kieran, big ups