DMC now limited to ortofon carts

Orion Scorpio

fuk dat. there should be no restrictions to the gear one uses. I do agree that the use of effect pedals should be permitted but as long as you have any turntable, mixer and cart I don't see why they should put restrictions on gear. Even if you had to bring your own stuff with you, I don't see the problem. technics decks are ok for straight up battling but the mixer restriction was bullshit and the cart restriction is bullshit too. ortofons skip a lot unless you put lots of weight on em which in turn will eat up your records.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ortofon make everyone competing in the worlds buy their new qbert needle, which goes for 120 dollars in the states each, probably around 90 quid over here? anyone know the rrp, so your maybe spending 150 or so quid each,

thats bussines tho,cornering markets is the done thing.

look at microsoft .

im not disputing that, i work in the music industry, im in a law case myself with a company, i spent a year studying commercial and contract law too.

this is plain proof that battling has got too big, its way past midnight now. its like the 6am moment when everyone'e realising that nothing has changed and it was all hype.

init,

lot of dudes i know bought the craze needles coz they had craze written on them and they all thought that they would be the shiz.

how fucking wrong were they then,thos needles are poo.

people are sheep to this shit, they love it - some people are actually reading my words right now and thinking "what a hater, its no big deal"

it is a big deal because it means that our culture is totally ruled by companies trying to squeeze djs for cash, selling them "the dream" of being world champion.

P.S. BEING A CHAMPION WILL NOT, I REPEAT WILL NOT GET YOU GIGS. you have to use the title as part of the process, blakey managed to pull it off through his sheer determination, something i have seen him have buckets of since he was 15.

this whole picture is hilarious, sit back and watch the show, the next few years will be a lot more interesting

there is NO positive argument for things like this, except for "yeah but its business".

meanwhile swiss multinationl GM food provider synigen is trying to patent the genetic license for the world's major food crops, effectively this would lead to them owning the rights for every grain of rice on the planet and controlling the cost of that rice - read the ecologist folks, business does not work in the interest of the many.

people are sheep to this shit, they love it - some people are actually reading my words right now and thinking "what a hater, its no big deal"

it is a big deal because it means that our culture is totally ruled by companies trying to squeeze djs for cash, selling them "the dream" of being world champion.

preach on brother, preach on...

Don't get me wrong, I think the ortofon stunt is obviously a serious marketing stunt and that there should be no restrictions on carts...however I feel it's a positive move on account of it allowing flexibility in other areas of the equiment in the competition (even tho ortofon are going to make a packet from it)...as in better mixers & turntables with more pitch range/torque!

I really don't think it's that big a deal. Up to now you had to use Technics decks and a Technics mixer so either you bought those to practice with, or you didn't. Same with the needles. Ortofon are offering a far greater prize than the other sponsors ever did.

I really don't think it's that big a deal. Up to now you had to use Technics decks and a Technics mixer so either you bought those to practice with, or you didn't. Same with the needles. Ortofon are offering a far greater prize than the other sponsors ever did.

but the prize comes with a price to pay... stronger, more agressive marketing for one, and then everything else is gonna be opinions for now, but i agree with 2tall, i dont think it's good overall, i think it'll make things worse over the coming years.

The whole money thing backfired for Beatdown and i wouldnt be surprised if it also did for DMC.

time will tell i guess.

you lot are blind. here's why....

ortofon make everyone competing in the worlds buy their new qbert needle, which goes for 120 dollars in the states each, probably around 90 quid over here? anyone know the rrp, so your maybe spending 150 or so quid each,

Exactly its a smart money making move by ortofon, people are going to be forced to buy the carts, :@ .

The prize money will attract loads more people, which is good, but we'll be getting loads of people just entering for the money, i've never looked upon winning dmc for the prizes, more for recognition.

Also I didnt know you had to pay to enter dmcs.

Guest loop skywalker

cunts.................i just sold me fookin hak to get a shitey tech mixer to practice for dmcs ..now i gotta get some cunting new carts as well???

That is straight up shit.....im nearly gonna say fuck dmc but i got the fuckin mixer already....what a bunch of shit cunt nonsense...cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cuntt

Yer yer yer boyeee theres money involved, quick lets go enter...

what bollox monkeys are DMC on about,

Peeps with thier tungs hanging out like they are going to win this money.

Why dont dmc just go to vestax and be done with it!

Not wanting to make them sound shit but DMC UK were very unhelpfull in the lead up to the UK and World final to me. Its not like im reping the country or anything!

owww and in the practise room (in the club) they had 3 beaten up OLD (no hamster) tech mixers, great, what the fuck am I ment to practise on. (Pls dont tell me to turn the wires round cos i need the ups on the correct side)

Why dont dmc  just go to vestax and be done with it!

Not wanting to make them sound shit but DMC UK were very unhelpfull in the lead up to the UK and World final to me. Its not like im reping the country or anything!

owww and in the practise room (in the club) they had 3 beaten up OLD (no hamster) tech mixers, great, what the fuck am I ment to practise on. (Pls dont tell me to turn the wires round cos i need the ups on the correct side)

ha ha, i remember seeing you there, looked bad.

Did you not get invited to Vestax Extravaganza then? shame!

I asked to do the Scratch battle thingy but they said they couldnt afford to fly myself and Tiger out. Good luck to tiger, he got all new stuff for this battle, I wish merge hadnt pulled out tho. tiger is doing the scratch battle to!!

Go murder them rudeboyeeee

I asked to do the Scratch battle thingy but they said they couldnt afford to fly myself and Tiger out.  Good luck to tiger, he got all new stuff for this battle, I wish merge hadnt pulled out tho. tiger is doing the scratch battle to!!

that is fucking miserable, surely a company liek vestax which is hugely diverse can stump up 400 gold nuggets for a flight??

miserable

Is anyone remembering that you still need to be GOOD to win? Say what you will, no DJ has/will bring home the golden 1200's without a wave of talent to match, I don't see anyone making it past the eliminations with only a $10,000 prize in mind.

well done

Thats what im saying

So many people put so much time into this event and I would say 99% do it for the love of just doing it, adding some thing orig to the scene, and being remembered, respected...

I asked to do the Scratch battle thingy but they said they couldnt afford to fly myself and Tiger out. Good luck to tiger, he got all new stuff for this battle, I wish merge hadnt pulled out tho. tiger is doing the scratch battle to!!

ahhhh skeen... didnt realise tiger was doing, where the hell did that come from? You know he's gonna murder them all... enfoe and the french guy, captain cavern, are fuckin dope tho, so the freestyle battle should be doooooope.

Btw muzz im postin the Noisy stuff to you tomorrow, sorry for the delay!

thats a fucking joke!!!

thats a fucking joke!!!

When you havnt had a tech mixer all year to practise on and you expect there to be some at the club to practise with you could see why they pissed me off.

thats my last word on it for today