POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

Pretty sure those are the HD280's, I've had a couple pairs and they were nice. Good for DJing and sound production; they're flat and have good noise cancellation.

Peace.

bought them today...not sure if this was the right decision...the one on display at the shop was even already broken but hd-25s simply have too much bass for my liking.. <_<

How are you liking those headphones?

it wasn't love on the first sight but i'm pretty chuffed with them so far. i was looking for allround headphones which do not audibly overemphasize any spectrum and for that they are decent enough if not perfect :)

• 2 months later...

Behold... the living room setup, I'll post my starship studio setup when/if I remember to

The 1210 + 06 combo inspired by KutClass to keep my hand in on Tech's, seriously considering sticking both 06 and 1210 on eBay for a silly price so I can re purpose the money towards toys I actually like.

Ipad setup as secondary monitor over wifi from the computer running Traktor from another room.

• Like 1

Is that NI tea, or just a regular brand?

No it's "have a lovely day at work while I scratch all day" brand tea :p

Steve - Ipad setup as secondary monitor via Air Display 3 app over wifi from my under the stairs office/DVwankstation.

Really solid monitor app, latency hardly noticeable. I got a long ass usb running from my Z2 to the mac mini in the next room and tbh the performance has been solid despite the lengthy usb.

• 4 months later...

I originally bought the pink faceplates 'cause I thought they were funny, but then when I put them on, they looked dope. I've taken them off a few times, but dayum, they were too gray and boring, so I put that pink shit back on. A pink mixer would be too much, but some Hello Kitty stickers might toughen it up.

• Like 4

I actually do think they're cool also. The crates at ma feet wud do mi head in more I rekon. Ive ended up with a gammy foot after scratchin all night barefoot stood on a bit of speaker wire. I used to have a pink mixer 1990 time and I thought it was the dogs nuts!

I rekon just some pink fader caps wud bling the z2 up a treat :)

The crates are moved back just enough not to bother, plus I usually stick to the left turntable where's there's a nice little gap. Not DJn though at the moment 'cause I'm on UA's now (Urine Analysis) and I don't like to skratch when I'm sober. Gonna be on this shit for a year, which is kinda good as I've been wanting to quit for ages. Just been a dick though lately, but it's getting better. My skateboarding is definitely improving with the added balance and ballz ;-)

Peace.

BTW, do you have pics of that pink mixer?

I originally bought the pink faceplates 'cause I thought they were funny, but then when I put them on, they looked dope. I've taken them off a few times, but dayum, they were too gray and boring, so I put that pink shit back on. A pink mixer would be too much, but some Hello Kitty stickers might toughen it up.

You know before the 40s pink was the color for boys (and baby blue for girls) which stemmed from the tradition of painting a newly born prince's room pink. The pigments in the pink would over time age and become purple--the color of kings. For non-royalty red was a "male" color and boys were thought of as little men so often dressed in pink. Then some fuck thought it'd be fun to flip it and it was such a hit that pink was forever stigmatized as "girly".

• Like 1

You know before the 40s pink was the color for boys (and baby blue for girls) which stemmed from the tradition of painting a newly born prince's room pink. The pigments in the pink would over time age and become purple--the color of kings. For non-royalty red was a "male" color and boys were thought of as little men so often dressed in pink. Then some fuck thought it'd be fun to flip it and it was such a hit that pink was forever stigmatized as "girly".

Similarly, once upon a time "cock" was slang for vagina.

• Like 3

Best overview of pink ever. I love the transition from "For non-royalty..." to "Then some fuck..."

• Like 1

J house that mixer was my first one.

I had it wen I was bout 14-15. It was originally black but being 24 yrs ago if u wanted to pimp ur tables u did it ursen I went for the loads pink rave Flyers sellotaped on technique. I went the full hog and sprayed my decks il luminous green as well, they looked awesome!

^^^ Word, sounds pretty ravey. I was, and still am, down with that shit.

Side note, I use to post as Kandy Raver on the old TTNN board (Qbert's forum) just to rile those fucks up. My forum signature was a pic of some trance dj with frosted hair tips, and turntables that weren't even plugged in. Some fools fell for it, which was mad fun 'cause I would just bait them and reply with subtle slaps upside the head. Dayum those were the days.

• 2 weeks later...