POST A PIC OF YOUR SETUP

It's dope, I've used it a fair bit and got some really nice sounds out of it but I don't know it inside out yet. I bought that, the virus and the minibrute within a few months of each other and I know the minibrute really well but not the other two as much. I need a couple of days to really learn it.

I know the minibrute really well

Once you get beyond the first twiddle and start to get into it, particularly utilising filter envelope and understanding how tiny juxtapositions can wildly change the sound. I love mine, it's both as characterful as classic analogue synths (with a lot less grief) but also original in sound, not just aping an old machine.

What I must say Jon, is if you want to expand it's capabilities inordinately, add an Akai MFC42 filter unit. The filter in the Akai is about as different to the Brute's as possible (thick deep and smooth with 48db per octave cut off capabilities), especially in mono 8-pole mode. Using the two units both midi synced to a beat but doing very different things works so well, from subtle taming of the Brute's agressive sound to wild cross-modulating wormholes.

The only negative I've had with my Brute is the scaling and tracking is somewhat volatile. I don't think I've ever had it all in tune across all octaves and it has a habit of drifting out more than it should. Had any similar issues?

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

What I must say Jon, is if you want to expand it's capabilities inordinately, add an Akai MFC42 filter unit. The filter in the Akai is about as different to the Brute's as possible (thick deep and smooth with 48db per octave cut off capabilities), especially in mono 8-pole mode. Using the two units both midi synced to a beat but doing very different things works so well, from subtle taming of the Brute's agressive sound to wild cross-modulating wormholes.

You filthy bastard

• Like 1

Soundwave was boss, but shockwave was my fave☺️☺️😎☺️

I swapped inferno for a fake shockwave he wasn't purple I think he was a gobot or sumet. I managed to acquire a fake jetfire along mi travels also he was massive compared to other transformers. Mirage bought it big time and snapped his back clean in half and got buried in the garden, it was a lovely service, think I took his autobot sticker and give it to fake jet fire.

Also nice set up Jon lad 😀

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...