I just bought...

Finally some good news amongst all this coronavirus stuff. As we are going to put our house refurb plans on hold (mostly because we can't face 2 kids at home + me working from home + building work), my wife has approved purchase of the new TV which was meant to wait until after the refurb.

So I just ordered a LG OLED55C9PLA. Downside, everyone is throttling their streaming TV services at the moment.

LG.png

• Like 4

The best thing is, I'm pretty colourblind so I'll probably never appreciate its amazing colour reproduction. Maybe this is why I'm drawn to gold dj equipment.

Have you tried this?

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/11/28/16709600/samsung-seecolors-app-color-blind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my old audio interface has been flaking out on me. about 2 weeks ago i copped a used zoom r24 for $200. this is a awesome piece of equipment. its a multi track recorder. you can record 8 tracks at the same time. it records straight to sd card as seperated tracks. an you can also use it as an interface and record 8 tracks to your daw. plus every thing is midi map-able so you can use it to edit in your daw.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought a thick ass sound system for my truck. Been waiting for this day for a long minute and it's finally here. I copped a subwoofer box with 2 JL Audio 12's, new Alpine receiver and some powerful, yet clean, Infinity speakers for the doors. I already had a couple nice amps (JBL Grand Touring amp for the subs and an Alpine amp for the door speakers), so will use those to power said system. Having a local car audio shop install it for me 'cause I want it done right. Purchased proper wiring too, 'cause again, I want this to sound super solid and clean, plus I don't want to do this twice. It's all getting installed on Monday — will have a proper fatty rolled for the ribbon cutting.

• Like 3

HELL YEAH!

I had to have mine completely rewired. Sounds great now. Have a Kicker L7 12" in there (hatchback) but wish I hadn't sold the pair of JL Audio 8's that I originally had... the wiring was so fucked tho it wouldn't boom with the 8s.

• Like 1

Kicker's are dope though, especially a 12.

All my previous subs never lived up to my expectations as they always distorted when when I reached the ideal loudness level. Then I got some JL Audio 12's awhile back when I had my Subaru and they exceeded my expectations. They never distorted, no matter how loud I turned them up. Trying to recapture that quality of sound again and hopefully will.

• Like 1

wow. i havent had subs in my cars since my oldest was born. so thats 14 years now. the last and best system I had was 3 JL audio 12's with infinity interiors. I had 2 autotek amps. 1 for subs the other for the insides. 3 1F capacitors. I had an audio control crossover with a remote bass knob. I also had an epicenter which pulled up lower bass frequencies. that was great for playing old tapes. I had a kenwood head unit with the wireless remote and a 6 disc changer. That shit banged hard. and we tuned it so nothing was muddled. the highs were crisp. the mids were tight. and you could hear me coming from 3 blocks away. I put that car in a few sound competitions too. but, my son was born and we were broke as fuck. sold all that shit for diaper money. I miss it from time to time. but i have no regrets.

• Like 3

I assume those were JL Audio subs W3's or above since they're the competition speakers? I had the W3's awhile back and they were frickin' phenomenal, but they just consume too much space. I have a capacitor too, but the install tech said I wouldn't have enough power running to justify installing it.

JLs are so fucking expensive but just the top. Nothing competes. The Kickers are great but do have some distortion at high levels. I got the L7s which are square... kinda weird but give more cone space.

• Like 1

JLs are so fucking expensive but just the top. Nothing competes. The Kickers are great but do have some distortion at high levels. I got the L7s which are square... kinda weird but give more cone space.

Yeah they are, which is another reason I opted for the non competition speakers. I went for the Slot-ported Basswedge which is substantially cheaper, yet still a bit spendy ($450).

big_CP212W0V3.jpg&canvas=1&quality=80&mi

• Like 1

J i dont even remember. but i do know they were dual voice coil. here i just found pics. this was in my old '94 ford probe se

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Nice setup. They were likely W3s or higher given the dual voice coil. That's good you didn't go with 15's since they're just too loose. 12s are the perfect sweet spot.

• 2 months later...

Got myself a korg triton studio last weekend for the kids and me :rolleyes:

It's a cool chunky toy and I got it for 400 swiss francs, which is a reasonable price (and I really wanted that fucker for a long time).

• Like 3

I'm really liking it a lot. It has a lot of stocked sounds which you can combine nicely together. It also got a lot of effects. It could also sample, but I got an s950, asr10 or an mpc for sampling. You can use it in a lot of ways. I try to use it for creating melodies, that I can chop up in the mpc to replay them mpc-stylee or via DVS for scratch-music.

• Like 2

It's a cool chunky toy and I got it for 400 swiss francs, which is a reasonable price (and I really wanted that fucker for a long time).

You scored that thing for a crazy good price. Damn. How many keys?

You scored that thing for a crazy good price. Damn. How many keys?

Just the 61 keys version. And yeah it was a bargain.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just bought a Pioneer EFX-500 for 100.

I only have a Vestax PDX and a Pro 06. Trying to add some effects layers to my rare intermittent cut sessions.

Is it possible to get post fader fx with my setup?

Currently have my turntable going into Channel 2 and my phone (beats) is going into channel 1.
I would like to just have effects on Channel 2.

Crazy how much you forget when you leave the scene/decks for bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iexist said:

I just bought a Pioneer EFX-500 for 100.

I only have a Vestax PDX and a Pro 06. Trying to add some effects layers to my rare intermittent cut sessions.

Is it possible to get post fader fx with my setup?

Currently have my turntable going into Channel 2 and my phone (beats) is going into channel 1.
I would like to just have effects on Channel 2.

Crazy how much you forget when you leave the scene/decks for bit.

@iexist - I don't think there's an easy way to do it with that mixer. Depends on what your 06 is running to? One way would be to run the output of your 06 into the EFX-500 and insert your phone somewhere further downstream (i.e. don't run your phone into your mixer, but directly into an amp or something after your EFX-500). That way you get a post-fader signal from your turntable/mixer into the EFX by itself, and just get the audio from your phone added afterwards. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the EFX has any way of dumping a session audio type feed into it, so you'll need a separate mixer/input after the EFX. Dunno if that makes sense.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Deft said:

@iexist - I don't think there's an easy way to do it with that mixer. Depends on what your 06 is running to? One way would be to run the output of your 06 into the EFX-500 and insert your phone somewhere further downstream (i.e. don't run your phone into your mixer, but directly into an amp or something after your EFX-500). That way you get a post-fader signal from your turntable/mixer into the EFX by itself, and just get the audio from your phone added afterwards. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the EFX has any way of dumping a session audio type feed into it, so you'll need a separate mixer/input after the EFX. Dunno if that makes sense.

Thanks for the SWIFT reply.

Would it work to split the input into my amplifier? I.e., Turntable > EFX > AMP as well as Phone > AMP (but split?)