I just bought...

Straight into the redundant mixer cupboard.

Having a "redundant mixer" cupboard is sexy, very sexy

LOL. Who's line was that again? Funny stuff.

Solomon Grundy or PlantMeat...it was the one with the Super-Richard-Pryor Avatar

• 2 weeks later...

Its super resophonic and sounds like a cross between tubular bells and a vibraphone-I've been playing it with my hands and fingers mostly,trying out the polyphony of the drum,it's great fun with the mallets and surprisingly loud too.

I'm gonna sample the individual notes into the 404 at some point and see what it sounds like with some FX and hopefully use the results on something in the future!

You're gonna like that Z2, especially coming from an SK2F, my first somewhat legit mixer.

it came in. havent hooked it up yet, got busy with regular life activities. but i cant front on that sk2f. I still plan on fixing that line switch. my wife doesnt understand why i want to be bothered considering i just got a new mixer. i tried to explain my attachment to that mixer. we've done many of mixes together. that focus fader could use some lube on the rails but she still works like a champ. and yeah, it was my first legit mixer as well. my first mixer was a cheap shit ass gemini that was a vestax 06 knock off. that crossfader started bleeding in less than a month. it taught me how to use line faders.

Yeah, I started with a Gemini too that quickly started bleeding after I got all kung fu on its ass.

Enjoy your new mixer. Chances are though, you won't want to mess with your SK2F any longer, especially if you upgrade your Z2 fader to an Inno Pro 2. Love that f'n fader!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

I just bought a shit load of iOS apps because they were on sale...

AUM (if you make music on iOS, you need this, seriously - check Chris Randall's videos)

AniMoog for iPad (had it years on iPhone but was always £30 on iPad... now it's a tenner)

Gestrument Pro (I can't even explain what this - it's kind of a controller for synths, but it's also a sort of generative music maker that you set rules for and it kind if improvises within those parameters)

Loads of Audio Damage plugins (they're insane and all at 1.99 right now)

Sector (slice up samples into segments and retrigger them in different orders)

I think that's everything but I might be mistaken!

• Like 3

I gone mad with black friday before week... I ended buying lots of things... xD

iOS apps: Stagelight, Neo soul keys studio and bassalicious, both on sale.

mac apps: Stagelight ( bought this first and iOS using credits from this. I still have some credits...). Considering some other apps for screen/iPad capture...

Pretty Simple Music Neosoul keyboard tutorials from basic to intermediate and some advanced. I started with the basic and some discount, then a mail hit me with 50% in next purchase... lol I ended buying a lot!

Studiologic numa compact 2 for 300€ second hand but from a very careful guy. It’s like new near half price (hoorray)

Logitech 920c HD webcam and k300 bt keyboard both at reduced price (52€/39€)

Some minor gadgets from Amazon to finish my bedroom videoset.

Bonus: a friend gift me a cheapo newer microphone with fantom psu due he bought a blue yeti.

Now some pics:

https://instagram.com/p/BqkX4AeAgyb

https://instagram.com/p/BqiZnr1AnGk

:}

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Yes! Some beautiful choices there. David - your setup looks awesome! I've been following the progress on Instagram :)

Flexi - I don't think I can praise AUM or Audio Damage stuff enough. Outstanding apps and AUM is totally unparalleled as far as I'm concerned.

I finally got Audioshare to install on my sub-iOS 10 devices today which could well be the most important thing I've installed on there!

• Like 1

Audio Damage suck ballbags on IOS, they are so unstable its unreal, i just bought them to sample through, they cant be trusted.

documented, recorded on video, confirmed by many, ignored by chris randall, IOS is just a crash grab to him.

AUM is a great idea, unfortunately its developer is an uppity prick that stomps his feet and acts like a little kid as shit moves on, look at his piss take attitude over the files.app and audioshare, stupid fucking idiot he is.

These are the things you put up with on IOS for the portability though.

Guest petesasqwax

Ha! My experience with Jonaton of Kymatica has been the EXACT opposite of that - he was hugely helpful when I had issues with installing Audioshare on my ancient iOS apps and is really approachable bother on Twitter and FB; Chris and the Audio Damage apps are great, too. Chris uses AUM and his own AD apps on every single track - not something he'd do if they didn't work...