I just bought...

Isla Instruments S2400

https://www.islainstruments.com/product/s2400/

So what prompted me to come see if DV was still around was getting one of these. I've decided i want to see out my days just sampling some vinyl and making short tracks for fun. I'm still very much learning it but its mental, everything I wanted and more I'll probably not use. 

Also, in response to Deft, thinking of getting a MasterSounds Radius mk2 rotary mixer. For the killer EQ and so i can mix all my dnb vinyl i kept hold of.
Radius 2 MK2 Grey - MasterSounds

• Like 4

On 4/9/2024 at 9:11 AM, Jimmy said:

Isla Instruments S2400

So what prompted me to come see if DV was still around was getting one of these. I've decided i want to see out my days just sampling some vinyl and making short tracks for fun. I'm still very much learning it but its mental, everything I wanted and more I'll probably not use. 

Also, in response to Deft, thinking of getting a MasterSounds Radius mk2 rotary mixer. For the killer EQ and so i can mix all my dnb vinyl i kept hold of.

Yeah I really liked the look of the Two Valve mk2. If I was actually dj’ing I’d get one of these wanky mixers to use.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 3:11 AM, Jimmy said:

Isla Instruments S2400

rotary mixers are fun. its a different experience than traditional battle mixers.  I got a cheap one by subzero which is a cheaper clone of the omnitronic rotary mixers.  Im sure the sound quality is not up to par as the master sounds but it sounds just as good if not better than my rane 72.  i only paid about $300 for that subzero rotary.  but i only pull it out maybe twice a year. so I couldnt see spending the pricey amounts for the boutique rotaries.  

• Like 1

Anyone know what kind does Mr. Scruff use? Thats the only gigging DJ I recall regularly using one. 

7 hours ago, djdiggla said:

Anyone know what kind does Mr. Scruff use? Thats the only gigging DJ I recall regularly using one. 

I believe he's still using an Isonoe ISO420.

Edited by virak
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 10:20 PM, TBearOne8III said:

I got a cheap one by subzero which is a cheaper clone of the omnitronic rotary mixers.  Im sure the sound quality is not up to par as the master sounds but it sounds just as good if not better than my rane 72. 

This might interest you:

Edited by virak

On 4/15/2024 at 9:20 PM, TBearOne8III said:

rotary mixers are fun. its a different experience than traditional battle mixers.  I got a cheap one by subzero which is a cheaper clone of the omnitronic rotary mixers.  Im sure the sound quality is not up to par as the master sounds but it sounds just as good if not better than my rane 72.  i only paid about $300 for that subzero rotary.  but i only pull it out maybe twice a year. so I couldnt see spending the pricey amounts for the boutique rotaries.  

yeh for sure it feels quite niche, for some reason i've always wanted one, probably as i like to make life harder for myself.
The price definitely isnt something I was looking for but my whole set up is 2x1200's, the rotary, and the s2400. so im going stripped back but high quality.