I just bought...

Guest petesasqwax

The Minitaur and SE-02 (with ext-box) will be up for sale, Black Friday caused me to purchase a subsequent 37 and Omnisphere.

Such a mischievous thing, that Black Friday - and with no concern for personal finances!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Dan, how many picks do you go through each year? I wonder at what point it's worth the investment.

Now, if you use it to build a few thousand picks to make a custom dragon scale costume to wear at Metal concerts, I'll withdraw all doubts of course.

• Like 2

@DANSWIFT - great invention!

Yeah It's s a pretty neat invention and worth the £15 cost..i got it on a special offer through Amazon as they're usually double that price. :)

Dan, how many picks do you go through each year? I wonder at what point it's worth the investment.

Now, if you use it to build a few thousand picks to make a custom dragon scale costume to wear at Metal concerts, I'll withdraw all doubts of course.

Hehe.. i lose picks constantly which is why I wanted one of these.

I was ordering some really nice quality picks online with a little rubber grip on them which were great but pretty expensive..Ilost at least 10 of em' so decided to get the PickMaster to save the hassle of having to keep replacing them all the time.

The quality of the picks you get using the PickMaster isn't as good as the type I'd normally use but they're perfectly fine for what I need as most of the time I tend to just play fingerstyle on the acoustic guitar anyway.

That dragon suit sounds rad though! ..

i just got an innofader pro 2 for my z2. shits is way better than the stock mini innofader. its nice and heavy. i got the cut in to feel like my old focus fader on the sk2f. i cant remember which one of you guys told me to drop this one in the mixer but great suggestion.

• Like 1

This is not technically mine..

What happens is me and my mate Woody have these drunken conversations about buying mad shit we like the look of just for a laugh and occasionally Woody, who's blessed with more money than sense- but very logical inebriated wisdom hehe, will then decide to order it on his credit card.

Inevitably what he often ends up getting then stays round at my house for the next 5 years for some strange reason .

Obviously he can take this thing back anytime he wants but for now it's just 'Haanging' around here...

It's massive and sounds fucking awesome too btw!. :)

3s8eSEd.jpg

LDhu1B9.jpg

is that a steel drum Dan??

Yeah..Its a Hand Pan drum called a Hang or sometimes pronounced Haang made from carbon steel.
There's 9 notes to the drums design, 1 center note and 8 tone fields, D3/ A3/ C4/ D4/ E4/ F4/ G4/ A4/C5.
Tonally the sound is beautiful..really deep and resonant and these things are sturdy too.. It weighs in at around 11 lbs or so.

You piece of shit! I want one of those so bad but no way can justify the price. There is a maker that has occasional raffles for Hangs... maybe some day I'll hit. Gorgeous sounding... there's a thread on here somewhere about them... somebody said those tank drums are cheaper and sound better but to me the tonality on the hang is superior.

• Like 1

You piece of shit!

there's a thread on here somewhere about them...

Bwahaha!.. :)

We talked about them here ages ago Dirk... seem to recall a separate thread where you entered the raffle for the chance to win one a while ago too.

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=38742&p=405893

• Like 1

The trick to playing hang drums is using a very light, quick touch, and not hitting touching the same note repeatedly like you would a traditional drum. The objective is to let each note 'sing' and thus resonate for a bit while you play the other notes. When I first played the hang, I didn't have the right touch so it sounded wack. But, after having and playing a tankdrum for several years, I acquired the right approach. Essentially, less is more.

@DANSWIFT — Play the f' out of it while it's on the premises.

• Like 1