I just bought...

Guest petesasqwax

I totally didn't need another keyboard but as soon as it was offered I knew I'd end up getting it

Read: it was a really good price for a really fucking good keyboard

• Like 2

Thanks to this forum, selling my mixers partially funded my Midas Siena 480.

Near mint condition and a non rental company model.

Since everyone jumped on the 'digital console'' bandwagon....analog desks are almost being geiven away nowadays compared to their newprices before

Could be interesting for those considering buying such item, just make sure to find one who wasn't rented out

• Like 3

I just bought a mac mini late 2012 again but this time with ssd and full 16gb of ram for 400€ which is good price. I was looking a mbp 2011 (and had one nearly bought for 300) but it was to much hassle deal with the owner so Igone for the mini.

Works lie a charm with High Sierra.

I wan't 2012 Mini, and i have a 2011 MBP with the higher res screen option, ive upgraded it to 16gb and switched out the BT to the 2012 BT 4 for BT MIDI and Airdrop etc lol, I might keep it and just save up for the 2012 Mini though.

• Like 1

I just bought a mac mini late 2012 again but this time with ssd and full 16gb of ram for 400 which is good price. I was looking a mbp 2011 (and had one nearly bought for 300) but it was to much hassle deal with the owner so Igone for the mini.

Works lie a charm with High Sierra.

I wan't 2012 Mini, and i have a 2011 MBP with the higher res screen option, ive upgraded it to 16gb and switched out the BT to the 2012 BT 4 for BT MIDI and Airdrop etc lol, I might keep it and just save up for the 2012 Mini though.

I was rear that mbp for price point features (hard to find something newer under 500) but finally bought the mini and change my idea of portability. I will keep the iPad+focusrite dock for ontheroad recording and mini for edits at home. When the money start flowing I will think again what step to do. Mac mini is beaty and beast at the same time :}

If you sold you mbp how much will ask for? Its in the line with high sierra support but I could consider a deal with you, mate...

I ordered a PT01Scratch Portable... Have a regular PT01 but never liked the faders with it... was on sale and sweetwater let me pay in 3 monthly increments so fuck it... Figure it will be discontinued eventually so would rather make a dumb purchase than regret not having one.

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

Picked up a couple of things at Synthfest, all on the DIY front:

https://www.rakits.co.uk/product/baby8-sequencer/

This interfaces nicely with my Werkstatts and Minibrute, was £20 on the day and there was no way I was leaving that synthsausagefest empty handed!

From the same dude I also bought this to try out:

https://www.rakits.co.uk/product/mini-atari-punk-console/

If they dig it, I'm going to get my 3 youngest kids the kits too so that they can make their own. It was the almighty sum of £7.50 on the day, plus dude threw in some headers to connect it to the Baby8 for maximum noisefun!

Finally, as I've had the Make: Analog Synthesizers book for a while now, I picked up the PCB for the MFOS Noise Toaster from Soundtronics:

https://www.soundtronics.co.uk/mfos-noise-toaster/

£20 on the day and although they didn't have the components with them I got a discount code so I'll order it this week at some point.

• Like 3

I ordered a PT01Scratch Portable... Have a regular PT01 but never liked the faders with it... was on sale and sweetwater let me pay in 3 monthly increments so fuck it... Figure it will be discontinued eventually so would rather make a dumb purchase than regret not having one.

That was fun while it lasted... My 8 yr old son has commandeered it now which I'm 100% ok with.

• Like 2

Picked up a couple of things at Synthfest, all on the DIY front:

https://www.rakits.co.uk/product/baby8-sequencer/

This interfaces nicely with my Werkstatts and Minibrute, was £20 on the day and there was no way I was leaving that synthsausagefest empty handed!

From the same dude I also bought this to try out:

https://www.rakits.co.uk/product/mini-atari-punk-console/

If they dig it, I'm going to get my 3 youngest kids the kits too so that they can make their own. It was the almighty sum of £7.50 on the day, plus dude threw in some headers to connect it to the Baby8 for maximum noisefun!

Finally, as I've had the Make: Analog Synthesizers book for a while now, I picked up the PCB for the MFOS Noise Toaster from Soundtronics:

https://www.soundtronics.co.uk/mfos-noise-toaster/

£20 on the day and although they didn't have the components with them I got a discount code so I'll order it this week at some point.

Good purchases! Reminds me that i've had one of these SammichSIDs for a number of years and never got around to building it. I'm kinda nervous I'm gonna fuck up the soldering. I have a friend that's built one and said it's kinda a tough build.

SammichSID is an easy build, mine took about a couple of hours or so, the case is complete shit and the design for plugging the PCBs together is complete shit too, i need to redo that on mine.

Got a brand new SammichFM kit i never bothered building, too old now, gonna sell it on i think.

• Like 1

Well I knew what I was getting into, but it just reminded me what junk Vestax are. No balanced outs, no master cue - couldn't even be bothered to get some cables out to hook it up to my speakers properly, so didn't even try the stupid samurai cut. Average build quality, noise in the headphones. Straight into the redundant mixer cupboard.

nDKJgaE.jpg

• Like 2

Well I knew what I was getting into, but it just reminded me what junk Vestax are. No balanced outs, no master cue - couldn't even be bothered to get some cables out to hook it up to my speakers properly, so didn't even try the stupid samurai cut. Average build quality, noise in the headphones. Straight into the redundant mixer cupboard.

nDKJgaE.jpg

Haha, but a damn sexy frontplate at least

nDKJgaE.jpg

Your superfluous scratch mixer purchases are as close as Im ever likely to get to having a favourite soap opera. Dont ever stop!

• Like 2