Numark PT-01 modding thread

Guest rasteri

I see your point but maybe you should check their website too. These aren't just toy cnc (even they have some nice small ones :p)

But yes it could be a flame comment, I'm not an expert (by far) or engineer like him, just an aficionado searching for parts for fretless faders or open 3D machines. Igus/iglidur was part of the chat not the main focus neither xD

which dealers breh?

I bought mine from http://www.die-radiowerkstatt.de/riemen.html

(also bought one in a slightly different size, but the one I described above works best)

You can surely find a dealer in Your area (or on ebay).

I see your point but maybe you should check their website too. These aren't just toy cnc (even they have some nice small ones :p)

I did. It's all parts or machines made for tinkering. Generally, anything that cannot machine steel, and even has a hard time with aluminum, is a toy. :)

Anyway, I'm working on another PT01 tonearm modification, this time for the stock cartridge. I have measured the weight onto the stylus to be ~2.6 gramms, and I'm wondering how much I should target for. I've seen that the majority puts a coin onto the tonearm, but a coin easily weighs 3-4 gramms, meaning that people use ~6 gramms total. That's a lot, almost turns that cheap stylus into a box cutter. Any hints about a reasonable force to use?

r

which dealers breh?

(also bought one in a slightly different size, but the one I described above works best)

thank you. i think i will need to search more local.. what is the name of this type of belt?

thank you. i think i will need to search more local.. what is the name of this type of belt?

"Rubber band belt" or "flat belt".

I still don't like the stock cartridge at all, but this idea had too much potential to remain unexplored :)

(2.6 gramms on the needle, like stock)

r

Edit: I designed a little tonearm holder for the PT01.

You can download the file here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/numark-pt01-tonearm-holder

Edited by rasputin
  • Like 2

which dealers breh?

which dealers breh?

I did. It's all parts or machines made for tinkering. Generally, anything that cannot machine steel, and even has a hard time with aluminum, is a toy. :)

Anyway, I'm working on another PT01 tonearm modification, this time for the stock cartridge. I have measured the weight onto the stylus to be ~2.6 gramms, and I'm wondering how much I should target for. I've seen that the majority puts a coin onto the tonearm, but a coin easily weighs 3-4 gramms, meaning that people use ~6 gramms total. That's a lot, almost turns that cheap stylus into a box cutter. Any hints about a reasonable force to use?

r

My German isn't that good but the dimensions:

d =94 mm

h = 5 mm

s = 0.45 mm

you mentioned in the earlier post meant to be placed in the "Interaktive Berechnung"?

My German isn't that good but the dimensions:

d =94 mm

h = 5 mm

s = 0.45 mm

you mentioned in the earlier post meant to be placed in the "Interaktive Berechnung"?

No, that's the actual belt dimensions.

(I had entered the PT01 dimensions into the calculation tool, sent him a screnshot of that, he proposed two belts, I bought and tried both, and what You see above is the belt that worked better)

r

• Like 1

hey guys. sorry to hijack the thread but I have a serious problem. buddy of mine installed of these JD faders per specs on the vid. while doing so, possibly busted a resistor. We replaced the resistor, but still no dice. The fader, and the switch, now don't do shit. any suggestions. My boy needs this shit to work and doesnt want to ship to the other coast just so dude can "maybe" look at it. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

does anyone have an install guide for the PYLE preamp? It's no longer on beatshelter and the youtube version is a 100MPH slideshow with no info. I'm up to the point where I removed the C18 and C8 capacitors and I'm ready to start adding the pyle preamp but now I'm seeing what looks like the power of the pyle board going to a 9v power adapter and 9v battery? Can anyone confirm this?

hi there I signed up to research about this as I'm going to try and install a tonearm to run a m447 on my pt01 scratch as well. I have found the page from using webhistory, this saves snapshots of webpages and luckily this one is on there-

The beat shelter guide to pyle 444

https://web.archive.org/web/20160509192429/http://www.beatshelter.com/?p=762

Id like to get the newer beatshelter amp as it looks a lot easier to fit that one but i might try this like you are doing as i have already got nearly all the parts.

What sort of wires do you have to use to connect between the pyle and the pt01 boards, for the three red /white/black line wire(step 10), and also the power red /black wire? is their a grade of wire i should use or is like rca wire ?

Thanks in advance, good luck :)

I had a few multicolors of this laying around from some earlier projects, worked fine for me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400645005466?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hello I'm new to the cause

I found a Pyle 444 pro that takes 12v adapter and it's cheep to

Can't I just hook it up to the battery and adapter hook up for power ?

I'm friendly to electronics and have so many ideas to contribute as well I like experimenting lol

But any advice I'd greatly appreciate

Thanks bro

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading this thread for a little bit and decided time to contribute as my first post. Since people are talking about platter stabilization and I just did some Flesh One platter bars this week I thought I'd share my experience and some things I did.

I did everything as directed, after I shaved down the plastic, I took the platter off cleaned up and started to figure out how I could quiet down the bars. They are super loud off the bat. I grabbed some silicone grease I use for brake calipers, but when I popped off the platter I noticed just how much grease from the pt01 spindle/bearing was all over so I actually used about a lentil sized drop on each metal bar and rolled the bars to work it in (You can see the black grease clearly in the picture)

Before I reinstalled the platter I took 150 grit sandpaper and sanded around the bottom rim of the platter smoothing out the edges. The result from everything together blew my mind. You can barely hear it, you can just feel how solid they are. I have a semi heavy hand so much needed.

Edited by abstrkt.theories
  • Like 1

So I wound up just ordering a blank silicone bracelet for a couple bucks to see what kind of torque it has to offer. I've seen a lot of people ask about it but no one has chimed in. I will try it out and post what I think.

Also I can't remember if it was someone on this forum who had said that anything over 6volts to the motor is useless.

I'd like to see if this low voltage controller would work or what you guys think about it for an ultra pitch setup.

Been reading this thread for a little bit and decided time to contribute as my first post. Since people are talking about platter stabilization and I just did some Flesh One platter bars this week I thought I'd share my experience and some things I did.

I did everything as directed, after I shaved down the plastic, I took the platter off cleaned up and started to figure out how I could quiet down the bars. They are super loud off the bat. I grabbed some silicone grease I use for brake calipers, but when I popped off the platter I noticed just how much grease from the pt01 spindle/bearing was all over so I actually used about a lentil sized drop on each metal bar and rolled the bars to work it in (You can see the black grease clearly in the picture)

Before I reinstalled the platter I took 150 grit sandpaper and sanded around the bottom rim of the platter smoothing out the edges. The result from everything together blew my mind. You can barely hear it, you can just feel how solid they are. I have a semi heavy hand so much needed.

i havent had any success with the platter bars. sucks bc i know for some they work wonders. thanks for this insight.

i havent had any success with the platter bars. sucks bc i know for some they work wonders. thanks for this insight.

After I installed them, clipped the tabs off the platter and ground down the platter bars I would still cringe when I'd lay my hand down. It was distracting and I came super close to pulling them out. But after doing everything I mentioned before with the grease etc. I'm super stoked I didn't just write them off. They are super smooth and almost silent now.

Previous to ordering these bars I was looking at a company in Japan called Mikigakki that had a full ring spacer but the cost in shipping wasn't worth it. I also thought about buying a sheet of UHMW plastic and routing out the ring. I chose the lazy approach.

What problem did you have with yours? Binding?