Super Scratch Sunday June 2013

Jimmy

IMPORTANT SHIT

Tomorrows session is looking like a full house so theres a couple of things and reminders I thought was worth a mention to make sure the event is a good a possible.

We've set up a dedicated mixer to split the output from the master mixer to a further 3 outputs. 2 will be in constant use recording through most of the day and there'll be one spare for anybody who's got a camera with a line in.

Its looking like we'll have over 20 people tomorrow so that means at least half of you will be waiting around for a turn, if a beat comes on that your not feeling or the BPM isn't in your comfort zone there will be someone else eager to have go.

In the previous events there's normally a time when people first rock up and have a good natter, please keep proper conversations over by the blue sofa area, if you try and have a chat within speaker area it's inevitable that'll you'll have to raise your voice to hear one another. In the past this has contributed to people who are scratching near the loud conversations to adjust there gains so they can hear them selfs cut, which has just meant the guys who are nattering start a shouting match with the sound system. If this happens like it did in Woolwhich it will mess up the recording of the day, as it did then, so please be mindful of this and dj's, be sensible with your gains, it'll be nice to get a good recording of the day, so its likely there will be times when one of us leans over to trim your gain up or down accordingly.

Of course we have to be able to communicate around the desk, just be mindful of the person who's waited 9 sets of 8 to 16 bars for there turn to cut before you start shouting across the desk and drown there scratching out. Mo and Phil have a good system of blowing kiss's or winking that seems to work well.

Keep to even bars, 8 to 16 worked well last time, of course mistakes happen, its easy to get lost in some of the odd loops but repeat offenders will be accused of not being able count.

Cue up in headphones only (golden rule!)

Make me tea, one sugar please.

When The Assemblyworker is not dominating the Maschine with his skills, I'll be on hand with my newly extended RMX deck library, so as last time I'll be able to mix looper beats through out the day. With over 100 beats I've got a much healthier cross section of genres now from, Hip Hop, Funk, Electro, classic cut beats and a selection of modern beats taken from loopers. The BPM ranges from 60 to 170 so there should be something for everyone, the bpm will be progressing all the time from beat to beat, so again if your not feeling a beat or BPM, dismount and let someone else have a turn.

• Like 1

Paul... would be good if we can keep track of the 'hot' beats and I can looper em up for the guys.. also if anyone has beats that they wanna share for sss looper let me know. I've been sucking at getting these loopers done n could fo eith some help :-p

Yoshi, I'll get the train with you man. What time you getting there (st. Pancras)? I'm going to PM you my number.

I just remember from going from southampton to London & bk (uni days), i used to bunk that shit weekly and used to hideout in the bogs when the inspector would approach... To save £35 E.W its a no brainer in my opinion.
Directions from Rye station, do i need to get a cab or anything?

Im going to stamp some MOWs up "SUPERSCRATCHSUNDAY" is it a number like 'SSS 48'? So they will be ltd sss show editions ;-) how many you guys think I should bring?
Some of you have given me a heads up to put your names on them, so if anyone else be wanting some of this action give me a heads up...

Yoshi, I'll get the train with you man. What time you getting there (st. Pancras)? I'm going to PM you my number.

I just remember from going from southampton to London & bk (uni days), i used to bunk that shit weekly and used to hideout in the bogs when the inspector would approach... To save £35 E.W its a no brainer in my opinion.

Directions from Rye station, do i need to get a cab or anything?

Im going to stamp some MOWs up "SUPERSCRATCHSUNDAY" is it a number like 'SSS 48'? So they will be ltd sss show editions ;-) how many you guys think I should bring?

Some of you have given me a heads up to put your names on them, so if anyone else be wanting some of this action give me a heads up...

its £35 return by the way. Stupidly singles are priced the same as returns. As for the number, tomorrow will be SSS 15 :) the ltd thing sounds like a wicked idea man.

I just got a message saying my new MoW record's gonna have "Supacuts"" on it!

Last time I was this happy was when Mum bought me a Castle Greyskull.

Loving it.

• Like 2

will there room for my deck and mixer? I don't deserve a 2 deck setup :-)

To be honest mate it's the best use of the space. After Matts Maschine setup and Supacuts QFO lands, there'll be a perfect space left for an 06 with 2 decks, but not enough room for an alternative 2 separate setups. Plus it gives the room a right hand deck setup

Ohhh... I could have brought my phat drummer! Only just noticed the kit :( maybe next time?

Phat and/or fat drummers are both more than welcome, though they will probably laugh when they see the drum kit

Ass-worker - not counting the new guys we have 2 righties and one Eric