Super Scratch Sunday June 2013

Jimmy

Pls bring qfo. I want a picture qfo one side and scratch bongo the other - proper pimpin!

What do you mean? A Scratchlophone?! Oh pleeeeeeease let me have a go!

Oh my days I'm proper excited like a kid!

2 broken 06's? a broken 08? there seems to be one consistent link between all these broken mixers... What do you guys do to equipment down there? better tell me on FB if it's some freaky ish that goes down.

2 broken 06's? a broken 08? there seems to be one consistent link between all these broken mixers... What do you guys do to equipment down there? better tell me on FB if it's some freaky ish that goes down.

Hmmmmn... Well Paul's got a broken 06, an 08 that's only spent about 1 year working in it's 4-5 year life, another 06 in the scratchophone with serious issues and someone else's 05 that doesn't work. I had an 06 I gave away when it broke, the 06 where I work has been fixed many times and still has random off days.

Conversely, the Pioneer 707s we've got have pretty much been to hell and back without missing a heartbeat, my Rane 56 refuses to age (let alone break) and Paul had one that was about 10 years old and still trucking, the Z2s are too new to judge but so far so good, even my Mackie which had a flaw in its design I DIYed out of the equation and the meter lights that wouldn't turn off have fixed themselves.

I actually do like Vestax gear for the way it works (when it's working) but its not really built to the highest standards.

I will concede though that when their stuff was still made in Japan and cost a lot more it was better... and that Paul has broken a lot of stuff.

I'm only pulling your third leg. Vestax are about as reliable as numark. I've just been lucky with my 06 I guess. All my setup will probably break on Sunday. Even my phone. It will all shut down for a final time. I could even bring my laptop for some noise signal interference :-)

whats happened to the vestax? lose the technology and get an 06 :-)

Won't power up, I think an internal fuse has died which has happened before, I'll get fixed eventually. On the plus side its liberated the 3 innofaders for Z2 and skratchophone duties

Vestax are about as reliable as numark

Ah yes the combination that makes up the electrical guts of my skratchophone, doesn't bare thinking about

he is the Harold shipman of mixers

Yep, the hall of shame ( as Matt calls it) keeps on growing