Super Scratch Sunday June 2013

Jimmy

Guest Symatic

thanks for trying dudes! but theres a sliver of hope there might be a lift going from someone.... ill see what happens. if anyone hears of a space tho let me know

I hadn't planned on bringing the missus but she's giving me the old "but why can't I come?" What's the etiquette? I've told her it's gonna be a load of turntablists geeking out!

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Yeah, if she's worried about there being other women there show her the vids and she'll know it's just a massive sausage fest, that's what Ed did with his missus.

She'll be bored as funk, as Eric says, unless she's a scratch nerd.

Also, point out that relationship where people have separate hobbies and activities on average last longer.

#Relationshipadvice

• Like 1

Sy - talk about bad timing. Iwould have said if you jump on the train from victoria to come out n meet me I could have driven us there...BUT... i'll be spending Sat night sleeping on a couch in Oxford and then heading straight down to Rye. Been thinking if i can go via home to pick you up, but its a fair bit of a detour by the time i trek up n down the A roads....... if you want i can help on the return leg ...from my place to victoria its about 25 - 40 mins depending on the train, think its about £ 7/8 ..

^^ Leighton - if the offers any good for you, let me know

On a serious note I couldn't imagine anyone who doesn't lurve scratching to last longer than 90minutes in an SSS environment, looper beats, relentless aaaaarh and lots of geeky scratch chat.

Of course she's welcome, like Eric said its a nice area for a walk and the sun "will" be shining, but if you feel there's any teeny tiny chance you think she might get board then personally I'd try and wriggle out of it, SSS is a pretty unique experience, it'll be a shame if you couldn't completely relax and get in to the SSS groove.

we've not had a lady down before, like whats already been said really, shes more than welcome, but we're obviously just a bit concerned she might get bored. If shes up for the challenge though, she can always hang with me and help out on smurf dancing duties.

No I certainly don't and I am relishing the prospect of a nag-free day. I just needed an official statement from SSS so she knows I'm not bluffing.

I think (hopefully) she's playing with me - she's not usually this concerned about where I am/what I'm doing.

I think she's confusing "what's my boyfriend up to?" with "I didn't even know Rye existed". It can have a profound effect on a preson when new things are discovered.

i thought the SSS tradtion was that the girlfriends mud wrestle in time to electro cuts ... the winner (best dance/wrestle moves) is allowed to attend future events as the tea lady..

...shit, that would be great, tea making by far the most arduous part of sss.

Plus I wouldn't take my chick, there's too many hunks under one roof. It's like a Chippendale convention in there.

It's only like a Chippendales convention in as much as we all go shirtless and oil our chests. Oh, and we all have tear away trousers. There's really only a very small amount of erotic dancing.

Wiminz r ghey!

I can beat that, 100% of 50% of my parents are a woman.

Sy, if you can get a lift back up, maybe we could meet you at Ashford and drive over. I still haven't talked to Ed about it, though, so i've still got to check, but i think there should be room with a squeeze. You can sit on Matt's lap if not, he won't mind.

edit: i'll be from any computer from 12 til 7 today, so if you reply and i don't reply it's because of this and not because i'm ignoring you.

Holy fuck the train is pricey!

Sy - talk about bad timing. Iwould have said if you jump on the train from victoria to come out n meet me I could have driven us there...BUT... i'll be spending Sat night sleeping on a couch in Oxford and then heading straight down to Rye. Been thinking if i can go via home to pick you up, but its a fair bit of a detour by the time i trek up n down the A roads....... if you want i can help on the return leg ...from my place to victoria its about 25 - 40 mins depending on the train, think its about £ 7/8 ..

^^ Leighton - if the offers any good for you, let me know

Kut_class, where do you live? I'll probably have some of that, thanks.

Whats the station at Rye like, can you boot the gate open? Is there an inspector? Are there usually feds there? Basically, can I bunk that shit?

I think there aren't any barriers or nothing and i'm pretty sure there's no cops, but Matt and Paul can confirm more properly. If you go through Ashford International there is a cop shop directly opposite specifically for transport police, so if you get busted before there and get a moody inpector then it might not be so good (though you'll just get a fine). I haven't been able to bunk the train for ages cos these days on long journey's there's usually an inspector at some point. I used to be all over bunking the train and probably have saved hundreds of pounds in train fares.

• Like 1

Ashford is an unpredictable bunk, sometimes you can walk through no problem and definitely more so on a Sunday and late at night. If you get the high speed train forget it, you'll always encounter babylon.

The run from Ashford to Rye is pretty mellow but the train is usually only two carriages long so if the guard is an eager beaver he'll be gettin' dat train P.

My advice would be have the money and if you can, get a permit to travel for 20p. If you get hotted up by da fedz then you wont get a penalty fair.

• Like 1