IDA UK 2010 Online Technical Battle

Vekked

Didn't see it posted here, so x-posting from Skratchworx:

"The IDA UK 2010 Online Technical Battle has now been launched! Check out the promo video:

3 minute video entries are to be e-mailed to mike@ebsel.com.

Closing entry date is midnight of Friday November 26th.

The winner will be taken to Poland to compete in the IDA World Finals on December 4th.

For full rules and regs, please go to www.proxfade.co.uk.

Good luck to all entrants!"

Any of you wack suckaz entering?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thats really nice Jimmy, wonder if its too musical for the competition though...

By that i mean that the focus of this is all on the sound (which is how it should be), but i'd imagine some big, loud, tech battle set with a million things happening at once, which isn't necessarily nice to listen to with your eyes closed, might do better.

Occasionally on the bit where you wind back the drums it sounds slightly out, but when its in it sounds awesome.

But then your cuts are proper sick, but it sounds like they were an afterthought to demonstrate your skills, mainly because you're cutting aahhh.

I need to post a scratch file to get some pointers soon, reckon i'll get torn a new asshole!!!

im not trying to win the battle, im trying to make it interesting, 7 competitors last year, a bit shit if you ask me, even if your not gonna win, at least enter and make it somewhat interesting, i couldn't watch any of the routines from last years uk heat, boring stuff, but thats just my opinion.

my routine may be more musical, and the judges may not n=be into it, but the point is, anyone who knows there shit will enjoy this routine!

also if you saw the detailed list of things they are judging routines on youd know that it was never my intention to do well.

style is the main category and what they mean by style is arm waving and gangster faces, ive got a pretty good gangster face, one of the best i'd say, but i didnt have a great angle on the cam to show it!

arrangement is a big part of it though, and the arrangement of my routine os definetely my favourite thing about it.

Fair play mate

Only 7 competitors? Crikey! Battling is dying on its arse quicker than i thought!

Yeah all the euro electro type stuff does nothing for me either. I'd rather hear something musical any day!

EDIT: just seen your second post. To be fair, based on what i've heard of your cuts, if you'd done a more "battle-y" routine with a shit load of cutting over a hard beat or two you'd probably place pretty high whilst doing something you aren't really feeling!

im not trying to win the battle, im trying to make it interesting, 7 competitors last year, a bit shit if you ask me, even if your not gonna win, at least enter and make it somewhat interesting, i couldn't watch any of the routines from last years uk heat, boring stuff, but thats just my opinion

I really like your attitude about this. More people should be getting involved with this stuff and trying to show their own style, even if it's not what's trendy at the moment, that's not what it's about.

It's also dope to see someone who's making scratch music/has fresh solo cuts, but also isn't completely against battling/competition. I don't see why there has to be such a necessary separation between people making music with scratching, and battling... it's all the same really and I don't think it's good for the art in general to shun some aspects of it in favour of other aspects. It's all just music made with turntables.

EDIT: just seen your second post. To be fair, based on what i've heard of your cuts, if you'd done a more "battle-y" routine with a shit load of cutting over a hard beat or two you'd probably place pretty high whilst doing something you aren't really feeling!

I disagree. I don't think it's the style that is the be all and end all of a good battle routine, it's how well it's done. He said himself he made the routine in 2 days, and while it's dope regardless, think of how sick it'd be if he spent 2 months on it. If he kills it hard enough with this style the judges aren't going to overlook it.

Really liked the first routine jimmy.

A few years ago Asian Hawk won the UK DMC final with a purely musical routine beating much more technical DJs in the process (though he didn't score many points from the judges in the world's).

A few years ago Asian Hawk won the UK DMC final with a purely musical routine beating much more technical DJs in the process (though he didn't score many points from the judges in the world's).

To the chagrin of a lot of people in the online community if i remember correctly? I might be wrong, but i'm sure i remember a chunk of people being sore about it...

Never thought i'd see the day i used chagrin in a sentence.

To the chagrin of a lot of people in the online community if i remember correctly? I might be wrong, but i'm sure i remember a chunk of people being sore about it...

Never thought i'd see the day i used chagrin in a sentence.

im gonna keep my mouth shut, i just wrote a reply about it, but it wont accomplish anything.