cdjs

Unseen

i have always used vinyl [and plan to do so for scratch, juggling, and battle related] but have recently found that its more practical to look into cdjs for mixing applications, mostly because i dont want to spend money on vinyl i dont even like listening to. does anyone have any suggestions for some decks? ive done my research, and so far, without breaking the bank, im looking into the gemini cfx 30 or mpx 40. if anyone have any opinions on these or other decks, let me know. thanks...

I've only ever used the Pioneer CDJs, which I have to say are actually quite good to work with if you're gonna go that route....but, alas, they are very pricey!

The Denon CDJ's are meant to be dope too....can't remember how much they go for though!

Forget CD's - get Serato!

serato is definitely an option, but it will cost me a lot more to get a laptop that i truly want to use with it [in addition to producing and editing]. i also cannot stand all these djs who have serato and spend more time looking at the laptop screen for cue points and basically having never learned true fundamentals of mixing and vinyl manipulation. but then again, getting cdjs is about the same sacrifice.

ive got a cdj200, the 3 fx on it are ok but dont really use them, the platter feels a bit flimsy but apart from that it is great to use for mixing. Took a bit of time to get used to it (mainly on how to cue up a song) but apart from that it seems to do what i want it to without having any hissy fits...im even thinking of buying another as its great at the price i bought it for

• 3 weeks later...

if i were to use anything other than vinyl... i would get the vestax vci100.

i picture a really nice setup would be the vci100 for mixing.. and then bring a table and a mixer for all the cuttin..

ive never been a fan of cdtables. i actually hate on em.

what's that ish with the tascam thingy that lets you cut cds using a real turntable to control it, you hook it to the side of your deck or something... I heard it was dope

also, the numark cdx/hdx is the illest I've tried for cutting and stuff... I hate the feel of the small/plastic platters on most cd decks, but I guess you don't need it for scratching really...

Jesus. Get real. CD decks are totally and utterly redundant. Get serato.

You don't have to lug around yor CD decks or get used to playing on different ones. You don't have to carry around CD's (Which break and fuck up all the time). You are not limited by how many CD's you can carry. As for spending time looking for cue points, you don't need to at all. You literally hit a key and it's at the start of the track.

If a DJ does spend ages looking at a screen that is gay but not quite as gay as watching someone cut on CDJ's.

Serato/traktor ect. is the only realistic alternative to vinyl.

If a DJ does spend ages looking at a screen that is gay but not quite as gay as watching someone cut on CDJ's.

you're gay.

According to my boyfriend, Yes I am.

So why don't you like me then?

Is it cos you're not into bad-boy sailor types?

seriously though, i'm trying to make the "you've dropped your gay card" joke big in 2008...is this wrong considering the PC world in which we live these days? i just think its a fucking ace joke

seriously though, i'm trying to make the "you've dropped your gay card" joke big in 2008...is this wrong considering the PC world in which we live these days? i just think its a fucking ace joke

i texted someone i hadn't known that long a few weeks ago and at the end i put 'ps graham norton phoned and said you dropped your gay card' because i thought it was really funny, but he didn't acknowledge it at all, and i got worried he might think it was a bit out of line... i don't know anymore, i just don't know. everyone knows that 3 letter words are funnier than 4 letter words anyway, bum, nob, gay and div are just much funnier.

ps think i've managed to sort my life out wax, should have your thing tonight, touch wood...