THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

peace.  i'm T-Bear.  some of you may recognize me from the stanton dj forum.  anyway, im 26 from markham illinois (south suburb of chicago).  i basically grew up hip-hop.  spent some time as a b-boy.  spent some time writing graff.  i've been spinnin for about 5 years now.

Nice to see ya man, I'm curious though, how did you find our site? Not sure if you remember but i was a Mod at Stanton as well.

actually i clicked on the link at the bottom of one of sigmas posts over at DJF. i had joined the stanton forums in maybe the last 3 months of it. i remeber most of yall.

Seeing as tho you guy are sooo nice I thought I'd introduce myself a little further

31, Originally from Manchester but currently in Lancaster (I love the north I do). been involved with various projects over the last 15 years.. Started DJing in about 1988 (ripped open my old goodmans turntables and pulled the speed pots out. - Blu Tacked em to the front and left a screwdriver in em!) - Got my 1210s in 1990.

Subsequently sold em in 1994 (to buy a mackie 1604 desk) and set up my first studio - been involved in small scale stuff ever since. - Currently run one up here in Lancaster.

By day I'm a nerd.. it's ok I admit it.. .NET programmer and sysadmin kinda guy.. been programming since 1996.. VB, ASP etc.. not always been fun but it pays the bills and means I get to sit on tinternet all day and 'look busy' :)

Been using sequencers for as long as I can remember.. OctaMED, MusicX, Cubase2 on a 540ST, VST/SX in all its flavours...

recently very impressed with Reason (use that as my main tool on laptop now) and been using FinalScratch since V1.0, best thing ever, made me buy some 1210s again.. :hug: - (currently on 2.0 - which is the shit btw :) )

hope to hang around - seems you lot cover a fair few of my interests.. see you out there ..

Edited by ism

sup people! my names chris, im from scotland but i live down in cambridge uk....

i play hiphop out as often as i can, and have been doin so since about 1995ish.

i run a club with a few friends down here in cambridge called "Rawganics" (www.rawganics.net) and im also the dj for a hiphop crew called delegates of culture (www.delegatesofculture.com).

i also run a small free hiphop club called bombwrists, which is nice. :)

back in the day i used to post on asis a lot, and used to jam on paltalk loads, and i recognse a lot of names from back then still kickin about the boards these days.

iv been a skateboarder for about 20 years, snowboarder for 15, and bmxer for about 5.

im also tryin hard to quit a 15 year long marijuana habit.

i work in a skate shop called billys (www.billys.co.uk) and enjoy riding around on pimped out beach cruisers.

Hope thats a decent enuff intro!

peace

chrisgroove