THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD!

Steve

• 1 month later...

Evening fellows...

Thought I'd stop by and say hi, heard a lot of good things about the forum so nice to check y'all out!

I'm a DJ and beatmaker of around 10 years, actively teaching myself to cut and juggle on and off for the past 6 - all good fun. Currently residing in Brighton...

Also do a little work for Battle Avenue, setting up for European operations at present. Apologies in advance if I spam occasionally! Hopefully we will have a few events and things you can get involved in down the line..

If anyone wants to get hold of any releases / merch feel free to drop me a line at battleaveuk@gmail.com or visit thebattleave.net

Pz!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was on YT and speaking to Ericuk who I subscribed to some time ago - he suggested I join up so here I am :)

Started mixing in 1995 and self taught on belt drives and a two channel DSM-25 before there was any internet help.

Mixing old skool, Happy hardcore, then mainly DNB and breaks from 1996.

I created a free mixing tutorial website 19 yrs ago which appears in djing for dummies book......wow i feel old!

I was tired of posting the same info over and over on forums (djsource.co.uk anyone?!) around that time so thought that was a good way to do it.

I'm more of a scratch dabbler than officianardo - I've got the basics down in the main but looking to get into it more after a ten year break and learn some new patterns and techniques (thanks Ericuk for the recent inspiration!). I moved to Traktor about two years ago but not really used it so want to sort that out as well.

Couple of links in case anyone is interested.

youtube: djmandrick

channel link https://www.youtube.com/user/djmandrick

Scratch practice on Traktor (dnb):

Funky but heavily bass driven breaks mix: "The Ten Year Itch"

(no Wicca here as frankly I didn't want to ruin it, breaks is not my forte in scratching just yet.)

Look forward to getting involved here when time allows, and any feedback, tips or suggestions on any the above would be great to hear.

Thanks for taking time to read :)

M

Edited by mandrick
  • Like 3

Guest petesasqwax

Welcome Steve/Klustor - good to have you here.

No worries Mandrick - Steve actually moved it, but I'll take the credit on a general moderator level ;)

Whereabouts geographically are you both from, gents?

• Like 1

Greetings and salutations.

I'm Gary and I hail from sunny Sarf London (ain't nuffink wrong with The Cronx!)

Been scratching and cutting since 83 and should be a lot better than I am (as I really found out at the last, my first, SSS)..

Guest petesasqwax

Welcome, mate - good to have you on here.

I've yet to make it down to SSS, but am hopeful of doing so this year at some point. Am fully expecting to feel like not very much of a badman when I eventually do :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello DV

im danswift , youll never have heard of me obviously but i know that there are some of you who have heard of and possibly even knew my younger brother-

his name was DeeSwift

and as you may know Dee passed away in 2010 from a brain injury

Recently ive been looking through some old tapes and discs latley and found a load of recordings that we did together (its mostly my breaks and songs with Dee on cutting and scratching plus i also have all of Dee's solo stuff in my collection now) so i just was kind of wondering if anyone out there would like to maybe hear them especially any of his old sparring partners or mates ?

some of these recordings of Dee are pretty amazing even now

So if you havent all forgotten him (and by the way he was a lovley man truly one of the best) let me know. and much love to all of you on the forum for keeping it real..

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum, Dan! You know, as soon as I saw your name, I instantly thought of Dee before I even read your post.

I would definitely love to hear some of the stuff that you and Dee did together, and I know that a bunch of other folks on here would say the same.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Hey Dan! When I saw your username and email I couldn't believe that there wasn't a connection to Dee! I live in Barnsley and was one of the few very fortunate guys to know and cut with Dee in person. I miss him an immense amount even after all this time - as does the scratching scene. I would absolutely love to hear anything you have of his as I'm sure a great many people did. Guys as talented and genuinely nice as Dee simply don't get forgotten. Much love to you, mate. It's a very great pleasure to make your acquaintance

• Like 3