Musician Searching..

Guest sirchickski

Guest sirchickski

Hey,

Need some help here! Im trying to put together a band. I need a Bass player and a Rythem Guitar player. Now do you lot know of any good sites to find people/advertise for the people?

Also do you guys have any other good techniques to find them ?

Let me know thankyou.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or buy this week's edition of NME/Kerrang or if you're not in the uk the equivilent. Theres always a section for people searching for a band. You can even post ads in the magazines asking for musicians to contact you.

Good luck

myspace is not crap .. serious it allowed me to discuss various issues with a lot of my role models.. but anyhow... yeah sometimes it bugz or the player freezes...

But yo... a good advice i could give you..(being a musician myself..and being surrounded by a lot of people who study muzik).. Find peepz that are good at what they do... its all cOol..i mean if u can find a real dope bass player who can do tapping, knows his licks by heart and everything... go ahead.. but keep something in mind : Cohesion. If a band wants to achieve its goals.. than everybody must work in one single way... even though perceptions vary from one another(which makes a band really dope)... I have a rap posse with friends.. we didn't release anything.. we're underground becauze of our lazy asses.. but the thing is.. we're 5 TOTALLY different people... who really come together as one... we all rap different styles... one plays bass like a god.. one is a battle emcee.. one is a real dope lyricist.. one is abstract.. i scratch and make beats (they produce 2).. and we just all come as different versions of the same entity.. we really feel that (im not a karmic wannabe ahah). anywayz.. just to show that what makes a band a real nice project..is the cohesion between its parts.

If u ever saw the roots perform live (hehe i saw them 4 days ago :8 )... then u know what i mean!

peace and really good luck.. and keep in mind that things change and evolve.. the thing is to adapt

Lam

Edited by Lam

Guest sirchickski

Lam you didnt answer the question in the right direction . I was asking for places to find people. I know how to run a band and all that i dont need that advice. Im just looking for communities where there are people looking and searching etc

"Also myspace is crap"

When i said that, i meant its crap for finding musicians, and im not looking for discussions like you mentioned im looking for actual musicians to join my band. Discussions are not needed for me as i probably know more than half the UK when it comes to rock bands with music most people dont know any thing about tone or timing keys music etc lol its a nightmare. makes me look smart tho :d

the internet's probably one of the worst ways to find people for bands - just go to gigs of the similar sort of music you would want to make and meet people! eg if you wanna form a blues band go to a blues jam!

also, put notices up in your local guitar shop, various venues, look in local fanzines etc.

where are you based?

Guest sirchickski

not many bands are instrumentalists and not many people in whole of wales are experimented enough to play my level (without trying to sound big headed etc) lol but every song i play is grade 8 or higher.

Based in cardiff south wales.

not many bands are instrumentalists and not many people in whole of Uk are good enough to play my level (without trying to sound big headed etc) lol but every song i play is grade 8 or higher.

Based in cardiff south wales.

ricci?

what sort of band are you trying to put together? what will be your role in the band? influences etc?

im sure you'd be surprised at the playing ability of others if you just get out there - im afraid that playing "higher than grade 8" songs doesnt place you in the cream of the UK music scene and sounds like a bit of a naive statement :)

this is not a personal attack or a put-down at all, but i just know from experience that if you want musical collaborators you have to go and find them face to face, and it helps to not let your ego in the way of prospects

Guest sirchickski

ive had 56 members in the band they all walked out because they cant play the songs. They said it was too difficult. Now they had been playing for 5 to 10 years i only been playing 1 and a half years.

So its not my ego its the truth simply put. Better to warn than to make them realise when they half way through. Secondly were an instrumentalist band, following from Joe Satriani who most of you dont know or not fond of him because hes not very well known in UK. But all this info telling you isnt really much point cos this site your all into diffrent music which i understand!

But i just thought you guys may know of sites where to advertise etc.

Whos ricci also?

• 2 weeks later...

56 members???????????and none of them have been good enough to play satriani? not being funny but there's a lot of people in the uk who can play grade 8 standard.

you've probably been through the whole south welsh talent pool by now!

try this:

http://www.musicians-in-your-city.co.uk/

i don't know that there'll be too many tech-rock players on there, but its worth a try.

if you have no luck, learn jazz and form a sleazy 70s jazz funk band instead.

Guest sirchickski

drakule what you on about... if they cant play my music they i aint having them in the band simple as that. Otherwise when they go on stage theyll look freaking stupid cos they will struggle and i wont be. Its not my fault cant find any one who can play my stuff, Joe Satriani is an ambitious reach i agree cos he is one of the best in the world for music lol so what you expect.

And cheers Wax On. :)

make some flyers and put them up around your area..

ask gabe...

myspace is pretty resourceful.. put up flyers on the myspace..

..do a search for peeps in your area and send out a msg to all of em... it is just as affective as what you are currently doing.. and it is doing SOMETHING nonetheless..

everyone else came correct with what they were suggestiing.. go check out some gigs and ask around.. network..

PUT UP FLYERS! ADVERTISE YOUR BAND AND WHAT YOU NEED!

BOOK THEM! THEY WILL COME!

drakule what you on about... if they cant play my music they i aint having them in the band simple as that. Otherwise when they go on stage theyll look freaking stupid cos they will struggle and i wont be. Its not my fault cant find any one who can play my stuff, Joe Satriani is an ambitious reach i agree cos he is one of the best in the world for music lol so what you expect.

And cheers Wax On. :)

Satriani? One of the best in the world? Are you joking?