Guest sirchickski

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest sirchickski

Hes great a music composing not just the fact that its rock. Heck he made a song entirely of using feedback so simple yet it was genious. Most if not all songs are grade 8 in terms of difficulty and as any fan of him knows the way he creates his albums is..

he plays the drums he plays the bass he plays the keyboard he plays the guitar and does the lyrics. Now thats a good musician in my opinion. And how he does it is he gets drums bass keyboard and rythem finished then just improvises over the top there on the spot. And records it and hes done lol

Not many people can do that cos they have to think bout how to build the song up etc where as he dont. Obviously when he records it though hes got his hired team to play the parts hes composed for him. Plus if any of you play guitar and learn songs of his like flying in a blue dream or "searching" those two songs are like shocking how he even composed it. Beyond anything i can think of.

When i read articles on him hes talking about theory of music no one even knows or understands cos most people learn stupid tabs which is lame. Not many people know mixolydian/lydian/aeolian/dorian/minor/harmonic/Ionian/

Phrygian/locrian modes etc Hes knows and makes up loads of them hes not just a guitar player but unfortionutly thats all you see him as. But you be surprised what he does to compose the songs.

But obviously seeing as he won the award last couple of years in the NAMM musicians awards means nothing to you.

x2k = No.

almost every musician worth his/her salt know their modes, it's basic music theory. it's just a way of working round the fretboard.

i just dont like this whole music for sport thing, he may be able to play at a million miles per hour with the wailiest sound known to man and a complete knowledge of these mystical, known-to-few modes, but he doesnt have any of the feel someone like knopfler or harrison has

most technical guitarist in the world? perhaps. one of the best in the world for music? not a chance!

it's the reason why stevie wonder sells records and satriani, vai and all their ilk dont :)

Guest sirchickski

wa you on about hes listed 6th best musician at the current moment... hes not a big famous person. Most big famous people are not the best. The best are not well known at all.

And he isnt one of the "million notes per second styled guitarists" cos i wldnt listen to him if he was. His music stretches are quite wide for just 4 diffrent instruments.

Hes done techno/scratching stuff.

Rock and roll

Jazz

Blues

Fusion

Inprovisation at woodstock

beepop

Experimentals

and to top it off.. he wasa guitar teacher and 70% of them became famous. For example Steve Vai, Kirk Hammet (from metallica). You dont see him doing his real big shit unless you see him live, his album work is his first creation of that song. By the time hes playing it live hes become clever with the song and serious goes nuts with it on stage. He turns like a 4 minet song on the album into a 15 minet song cos he is so used to playing music he just knows how to improvise live and still sound like hes planned it. Its mad. I saw the same tour of him one in USA and then Uk. USA i saw his second show when he started the world tour he was awesome but didnt top the Uk tour which was a few months more down the road where he had played the songs enough to just go insane when ever he likes.

Guest sirchickski

NAMM they are the ones who decide it and they are the ones who hand out the awards once a year its a well known thing for musicians if your a musician and you dont know about it im shocked, cos you need to read more magazines about it if you dont etc.

Guest sirchickski

damn demo's not bad idea ! never thought of that ! altho that may put people off more than on like cos they may feel like were trying to hard cos we are stretching for ambitious stuff

exactly, music manufacturers, so they're going to choose highly endorsed people to help them sell more guitars/keyboards etc

im not disputing his abilities as a guitarist, but i'd consider someone like eric clapton a much better musician

i use my ears, not crappy magazines, to make my mind up/learn about music

Guest sirchickski

sasquatch you ears can only be correct if you can play EVERY music style your self but you cant! NAMM has an expert in each field to decide how the musician plays in each of the music catergories...

Steve Vai beats Joe Satriani in terms of music ability.. as Steve Vai can make his guitar talk make animal noises from instruments etc... and incorporates it into songs very cleverly and does it live, its all about expanding to extreme levels to just get one place these days where as olden days it was obvious who was 1st etc Hendrix is and still is not cos hes amazing but because he was the first to push the limits.

since when was music about being correct? as with all creative forms it's feeling and opinion based - what im saying is that (imo, and im sure many others') satriani's contribution to music on the long scale is not as significant as many others

it's cool if satriani's music does something for you, it just doesnt for me

Guest sirchickski

well thats why your so uptight about me saying about satriani. Heck Steve Vai i really dont like his music but he is musically better than Satriani, but Satriani is musically better than most people. All these rock bands have such repetitive songs!

Repitition is not good music it has to be varied. I aint the one deciding hes one of the best musicians alive at the moment the experts in NAMM say it and they know their shit lol

chicky you might be more comfortable with these

ps. upload your music. i presume you have some recorded so it can't be too much effort to upload to www.rapidshare.de or www.megaupload.com or www.yousendit.com.

pps what's welsh for tosser

On a tangent, IMO fret-wanking is over-rated.

Santana kills it for me, in terms of being a melodic expressive guitarist. he could piss doing what satriani does (couldve definitely at his peak, anyway), but the music he makes leathers anything i've heard by satriani. not that i've heard a great deal. Also i don't like the super clean seedy tech sound, gimme some rough 70's sound any day...

;)

Guest sirchickski

lol yer steve but it wasnt aimed at you lot i was just saying like!

wax on .. santana is only one music style..thats spanish music..hes own satch for spanish music but not the others

Guest sirchickski

but no techno/scratching :p (cos he was first to do it on guitar) and most people still dont know how he got the techno sound on a string instrument but was well good.