What is holding back your progress?

Steve

Two things are holding mine back. I can't do forward tears no matter how much I try. Secondly and more importantly, because I scratch hamster I just can't move the fader fast enough. I dunno how other hamster scratchers manage it. I can move it really fast if I have it regular.

Guest Vekked

my record hand sucks, and my chirps suck... both are coming slowly tho

Ā 

Secondly and more importantly, because I scratch hamster I just can't move the fader fast enough. I dunno how other hamster scratchers manage it. I can move it really fast if I have it regular.

Ā 

I dunno if this'll help, but I read this guitar magazine a while back on increasing picking speed (which is pretty similar to using the fader, especially hamster style), and basically it said try to move the the pick (or fader) as fast as you can, and whatever position your wrist/fingers/hand is in when you're trying to go your fastest, should be the position their in at all times, even when you're going your slowest, because that is your most comfortable/natural position, and if you practice it going slow and get used to it, your speed should naturally increase just because you're not fighting against yourself and how your hand wants to move...

Ā 

I dunno, works for me, I dunno if I'd consider myself super fast or anything, but it increased my speed a ton...

That makes sense. Cheers man. I'll give it a go.

Ā 

Oh yeah - I'm also trying to learn pinch style but I'm rubbish at that too. lol. I can kinda do it, but I'm missing clicks. The cut in on my fader isn't exactly super sharp though (although I'm not blaming it on that. :p)

i'm just fucking shit.

Ā 

Ā 

at everything. :(

me too

and stupid :(

Ā 

but I noticed,at least I believe, that the scratchpause I did helped. Dunno. Argh wtf

My mind is on my girl for about 9 months because she's in Syria and she'll come back in 3 weeks and I think our whole relationship is fucked up because of that. Grrr

I've been feeling the same lately. Seems I can get some techniques going but they never good sound together, never flows nicely. i also want a new scratch record. I've had turkey cuts for about a year, will getting a new one (will be my second) getting me motivated?

My record hand tenses a lot like I'm trying to do drills

but just randomly, which is annoying.

Ā 

I also really need to get my head around doing really

slow flares that are'nt just repetitive but funky instead,

also to understand what wrist style even is so I can

start to do orbits clean or even at all.

Ā 

Ā 

The list goes on and on.