EQUIPMENT POLL

Steve

I know we've had this discussion before, but we've had quite a few new members join up recently.

Personally, I use vinyl only right now, but I would definitely like Serato or a CDX. I can see the uses for all of them and I'm certainly not a purist when it comes to vinyl.

i thought i would always be a vinyl purist but i bought a cdj200 just to play samples over my mixes...but with so man different effect which can be made its stupid not to get one just because you dont think its "pure" anything which i can use to make my mixes any better must be a good thing

but i do feel cheated when i pay for mp3's as you havent actually got anything to hold of.

I put a combo of the two, but really its just FS2 just still scratching and mixing with vinyl records. Basically, I may have fucked it up as I was probably meant to put just digital. but whatever, i still DJ 'old skool' with TTs & a mixer, and FS is my wife.

i would also love to say both but iot's just good old vinyl for me (can't afford serato or fs2), sometimes i just love a good crate dig lol it ads to the experience of beng a dj rather than just downlading tracks, but i suppose thats the cheapset and quickest way these days!!!!

I think it depends on the person. I still buy vinyl but now its vinyl i like and not shit I have to buy so I can play at the club. I use it for a month and then it pretty much hits the archives. I know your suppose to play what you like and what not but around here u have to play alot of top 40 that I dont mind, some of it (alot of it) is shit , but it get the girlies dancing, and it lets me play out more and make some side cash. So serato in that sense is a gem.

until very recently its always been only vinyl for me

im still not into mp3s, but im of to get a scratchable cd player

this is so i can include my cd collection in my sets.

somethings only exist on cd and like wise with vinyl, so it makes sense to be able to play both, mp3s im still not liking tho...

not for scratch djs anyway, i can see the point of ableton for mix djs tho

I love using vinyl, there's something nice about it...however I'm not a die hard vinyl only person I fully welcome the digital age but for some reason vinyl is the only thing I can look after...all my cds get lost/trash, mp3s get mis filed deleted, etc...but all vinyl is tidy and well filed...I think it's because vinyl means more to me, you can get a cd from the front of a magazine or burn one for 25p, mp3s can be created, downloaded whatever this means your cd or mp3 collection ends up being 50% junk where as every piece of vinyl I own I brought for a reason...because I like it and I want it in my collection!!!

• 2 weeks later...