Cheap Gear - DISCUSSION

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love customs.

How do you package these items Xander? Do you wrap them yourself? If so then maybe you could use present wrapping paper. Surely customs wouldn't be skanky enough to slap duty on summit wrapped up in pink paper with little pictures of cakes, bears and balloons on it.

pz

The site I got the info above from said that they're cracking down and the main reason for that is sites like eBay. You have to write the contents and value of the goods on the package so unless you lie they will know what's in there anyway. I guess you could get away with it with some carts or a fader, but not with mixers and stuff. It's just a lottery really. I don't see why we should pay VAT on something that wasn't bought in the UK though. Cheeky cunts!

it'll be better if the price on the packaging is lower than the amount it should be...not good for insurance but you will pay less on vat

yeh the value of the product + insurance and shipping is all added up and 17.5% is added for tax then approx 9% is then added for customs i think

make any of thise 3 things cheaper then the amount the government takes is less. (ie say that the thing you bought is £300 get xander to put it as £250 as the cost making it less) you have to weigh up the pros and cons of this..is it worth saying a few quid over if it gets broken in transit.

also you will have to put a reasonable price otherwise customs wont allow it through until they have proof you paid that amount

The site I got the info above from said that they're cracking down and the main reason for that is sites like eBay. You have to write the contents and value of the goods on the package so unless you lie they will know what's in there anyway. I guess you could get away with it with some carts or a fader, but not with mixers and stuff. It's just a lottery really. I don't see why we should pay VAT on something that wasn't bought in the UK though. Cheeky cunts!

Thats 100% correct. On each international package I have to fill out a customs slip on which I write the value & exact contents.

For rygon, i feel kind of bad about this - i beefed up the value by 20 bucks so that it would come out to be divisible by 50, I had no idea he would have to pay an extra few quid in taxes because of it, I just figured a nice round figure would work just fine.

Pink paper wouldn't matter unless you could fool the customs officers into not looking @ the customs slip, but I kind of don't want to get slapped w/ a fine for international smuggling :$

hey everyone!  I、ve been moving to school & my new appartment。。。 i don、t even thave the internet yet。

I promise I will holler at everyone that Ineed to in the next few days. Peace all.

xander, see if you can save a 707 mixer for me, i didnt know you had any of em, but ya, can you save one for me, im gonna scrounge some cash up soon and i'd really like that mixer (everywhere else its gone so itd be perfect if you cud hook me up wit one)

so ya, just save one for me, dont let anyone buy it, ill buy it from you sooner or later. thanks

corex... i cary no inventory and it would be unfair of me to not let someone buy a mixer that they want equally badly and have the willingness & ability to pay now. I can however help you find a great price on another mixer if the 707 is out of stock.

Chili still a few more days until I can file (Sept. 2/3 is the first day)

right man im sorry to let u know that the price for the rane ttm-56 is just too high as it would probably cost £450 upwards after tax and if it was gonna be £380 then i would wait but its just going to be very long till i have enough money.... so i've went and ordered a Stanton SA-5 from djstore.co.uk but i'll probably be looking for a set of replacement needles for M44-7's near christmas

peace