Cheap Gear - DISCUSSION

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first satisfied UK customer --- Rygon! Enjoy the CDJ 200 man...

Update on Chile's RC20XL - well... no update really. However, I do suspect that its stuck at Chile's local post office because, from what Rygon told me, your mail men don't have much patience when it comes to delivering packages LOL. Anyway hopefully Chile can start using that bad boy asap...

chile i got mine delivered by parcel force...normally when they miss then a note does go through, but they supoosedly came yesterday but i had no note (only knew as i looked at the online transaction record)

also import tax is collected when you recieve the parcel so be ready with a chequebook (mine was £50)

chile i got mine delivered by parcel force...normally when they miss then a note does go through, but they supoosedly came yesterday but i had no note (only knew as i looked at the online transaction record)

also import tax is collected when you recieve the parcel so be ready with a chequebook (mine was £50)

your delivery was sent using a different postal service.. theres no postal tracking service on my package either apparently......

EDIT: you had to pay import taxes? :| :| *pale face*

i don't know what to tell you man... could be... i remember selling my old mixer about a year back and the guy didn't say anything about import taxes when he recieved it. Idk what to tell you really except that you'd probably have to pay the tax regardles of whether you'd buy from me or someone else... but, to say the least, I never planned for you guys to have to pay any sort of import taxes.

But from what rygon said it sounds like there can still be considereable savings...

Hope that helped

i dont think that writing gift on it matters. yeh 25% is very high...im trying to find out how they work that out.

btw the cd deck is working great..just playing with all the fx's n stuff at the moment

You pay V.A.T. plus import duty: -

Import Duty is usually percentage based. It averages at between about 5% and 9% - but with extremes in some cases between nil and 85%.

Customs assess the amount of Import Duty to be paid based on the value of the goods, PLUS the transport and insurance costs to the country of destination. Other costs may be included such as tools, dies, moulds, design work, royalties, licence fees.. more... VAT (Value Added Tax) is then added.